29 Gallon Planted Build...Advice Appreciated!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No facepalm*. Pm me your email again I will send u a pic right away if my mom doesn't throw the box away before then

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ugh. Nvm my mom really did throw it away. But that's really my fault for not emailing it to your earlier.

If you're thinking about a pair of Rams think about a pair of pair of apistos. They're nice too. I recently got a apisto borelli and fell in love with him. His blues and reds look really stunning against the plants as he swims sround

No facepalm*. Pm me your email again I will send u a pic right away if my mom doesn't throw the box away before then

No problem! Can't always guarantee an undamaged delivery I guess

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ha, yea. Package doesn't matter as long as I'm good with the final product, which I am!?

Thanks! Wisteria is coming out and the rotala is going to replace it. I like how it turns pinkish towards the top, but it should really be in the back. Can hardly tell I have any bacopa caroliniana because of it.

When I go to my lfs this weekend I'm going to see if they can order a current sat plus or a finnex stingray(opinions on this???) to help get some more color from the rotala, and any other plants I add.

I agree it could be healthier. The original growth has some bba on it, and the stems I trimmed don't seem to root as fast as some other plants. I'm just happy that it hasn't melted away

I agree it could be healthier. The original growth has some bba on it, and the stems I trimmed don't seem to root as fast as some other plants. I'm just happy that it hasn't melted away

Yep thats a bonus. Its a constant struggle to get it all right. In fact ive just noticed that my star repens old leaves are getting pinholes. Straight away slightly lowered my light intensity by 5% and double dosing macros

I dose 5ml of marcos and micros already, and I don't see any defeciencies. Still mix the ferts at the reccomended levels, but dose 5ml.
One thing I wish I could do is adjust the intensity of my light, that and if I knew the actual PAR of it...

I dose 5ml of marcos and micros already, and I don't see any defeciencies. Still mix the ferts at the reccomended levels, but dose 5ml.
One thing I wish I could do is adjust the intensity of my light, that and if I knew the actual PAR of it...

It's almost impossible for us to compare dosing tank to tank as there are so many variables.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Time for a picture update...
FTS

My staurs (this is after sending a dozen stems to a memeber)

Figured I'd show some other pics i have
My QT/assassin grow out tank
Assassin says no to a veggie wafer
But love shrimp pellets

Time for a picture update...
FTS

My staurs (this is after sending a dozen stems to a memeber)

Figured I'd show some other pics i have
My QT/assassin grow out tank
Assassin says no to a veggie wafer
But love shrimp pellets

Looking good dude! Love this tank

Thanks! I did a major wc (left maybe 5 gallons), filter clean, trimed rotal rotundifolia, removed all wisteria, and some ludwigia rubin so thags why its so cloudy. That rotala rotundifolia is growing nicely, next plant I'll either trade or sell here or at my lfs.

I don't understand co2 right now. Running 5BPS into the inline diffuser, getting 100% diffusion, but my DC is half blue when co2 turns off! I mean like brand new DC fluid blue! I just replaced it 2 weeks ago so it shouldn't be bad. I removed some plants and I'd think co2 would be higher because it was the wisteria i took out. Any thoughts as to whats wrong?

Back
Top Bottom