29 gallon planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also might sound stupid but is the label for the light or per bulb?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For the whole fixture. A 23w diode would be insanely bright.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For the whole fixture. A 23w diode would be insanely bright.

What is the diode? I thought it was per bulb so I don't have as high of light as I thought):

Sent from my Xoom using Aquarium Advice mobile app

LED = light emmitting diode. Each diode is a "bulb".

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

LED = light emmitting diode. Each diode is a "bulb".

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oooh ok lol so if I added a finnex planted+ with this one what light range do you think I'd fall in? Or should I get another of the same light?

The Planted+ would be a great upgrade/addition. It's designed for plants, so there's no wasted wattage.

Ok I'll start saving lol

How does this rock formation look? Any opinions are welcome:)

Attachments

• 1407176868124.jpg
    1407176868124.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37
Also I'm thinking about doing a java moss carpet any opinions and how too on this? If not a carpet maybe a wall? And of course pictures are welcome (;

*bump* anyone out there?

I'd recommend using a neater moss personally, maybe Christmas or peacock moss. For instructions I'd check YouTube as there are lots of great vids with step-by-steps on how to build moss walls and such.

I'd recommend using a neater moss personally, maybe Christmas or peacock moss. For instructions I'd check YouTube as there are lots of great vids with step-by-steps on how to build moss walls and such.

Hmm I'll have to see where to get a different moss I like peacock moss though:) thanks for the suggestion!
Would I just trim the moss with scissors?

Just started a 29g tank as well. Lighting is Finnex planted Plus. Dosing with excel and osmocote root tabs. Top third looks kinda bare right now. Any suggestions on good easy plants other than swords that can grow tall to fill up top third? Suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Jungle val, hygrophila augustifolia, hygrophila corymbosa, crypt balansae are all good, and most basic stem plants will hit the surface pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom