29 gallon planted tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i have done planted tanks before but i want to do something more advanced, i really need all the info, this needs to be a lower budget tank.

Are you planning on a fertilizer enhanced substrate like Eco-complete or Floramax? If not then you can pack it full of root tabs. There are DIY root tabs that are very easy to make and aren't expensive at all. What kind of light are you using? A good, strong LED will be able to grow any common, easy plant and you shouldn't have any problems with it. I recommend plants like Java moss, Java fern, hornwort, elodea (anacharis), bulbs, swords and anubias. These are all fairly easy plants to have and the only thing you need for them is a light and some root tabs (mostly just swords and crypts need root tabs) I think that you should do DIY Co2 here. Easy, cheap ad it helps the plants grow a lot. I don't know much about fertilizers but I use API Co2 Booster and the plants like it so I like it. There is also API Leaf Zone which helps as well with planted tanks. Plus lots of other ferts that I don't know the names of. That's about all you need for plants, just let us know about your equipment and we can help you a lot more.

When you say advanced, are you talking high tech with pressurized CO2, daily ferts, specialized substrate, and feature rich LEDs? I would consider that advanced but definitely not budget friendly.
What is your budget?
Here is a link to a list of planted tank related articles to get you started: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83826
The key is maintaining a proper balance between light, CO2, and fertilizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

well daily ferts, root tabs, good substrate all yes
co2 i will find a used system. how can i get the co2 refils?
and right now i have a spare single 18 inch t8 light fixture, but i may go out and find a better one, on my other planted 29 i have a quad bulb 24 inch t5 made by odyssea, i would like to use shop lights withe plant bulbs, because im going to set them up on top of each other, like what andy sager is doing with his angelfish hacery, with 2x4s and cinder blocks

You can always dirt a tank which is great for root feeders and relatively cheap compared to getting Eco complete or ADA or flourite

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

well i will be starting it soon i am moving into the basement so once the construction is done than i can set up the shelving, i am also going to change all my tanks substrate, they are all going to be planted

Back
Top Bottom