29G PFS Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have any live plants in your tank right now?

Everything in the tank is 100% real/live. Driftwood to rocks etc is all 100% real and/or earthy. No plastic anything.

I have about 6 or 7 different species of plants:
Java moss, Amazon Sword, Water wisteria, Mini crypts, Anubius and two more I cannot think of the name right now. One is right behind the driftwood and might not be able to see. The other is that that is now floating about..

The plan for this tank the whole time along has been 100% real, I never put anything fake in it throughout it's history.

Ok that's really cool. Hopefully if I get another tank I would like to use pool filter sand with live plants

Ok that's really cool. Hopefully if I get another tank I would like to use pool filter sand with live plants
PFS is really great! There are many reasons why I like it so much!
First is for the cory's and pleco. They LOVE it much more than gravel. Another is the fact of cleaning. I don't have to gravel vac like you'd think. I wand the vac around above the pfs and pick up any leftover poo. But most of all, most of the poop gets sucked up in my filter. As my pleco rummages around at night he kicks up all the waste which eventually makes it to my filter.. This makes cleaning a breeze as I do a small water change and clean out the filter media in the water and BOOM! Cleaning done!

Remember if your going to put live plants into PFS use root tabs!!

Updated picture. The only thing I have added lately is the big hunk of Java Moss to the front left. This will be to home some RCS that I have in a tank at work that are breeding like crazy!

Attachments

• IMG_19.jpg
    IMG_19.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom