3 day black out works wonders!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok BIG THANK YOU to who ever suggested I did a 3 day black out! like almost ALL my algae is gone, and my plants grew more in those 3 day's than they have with the DIY CO2, ferts, and light LOL (im not kidding, all my aponogeton crispus walmart bulbs sprouted stems, my almost dead anubis side plant that only had 2 leaves got a new one that opend up, and a new tiny one growing, as well as some roots, and my red-ludwigia parent plants (which I thought to be dead) all grew new plants! I cant wait to get some more plants/clippings in their now!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

what? ur plants grow faster in the dark than in the light?
what is happening?

arrow1234 said:
what? ur plants grow faster in the dark than in the light?
what is happening?

I remember a post from Tom Barr (plantbrain on this forum) a little while back talking about plants growing in the dark. To make a long story short, they don't photosynthesize, so they don't actually add biomass, but the cells do elongate (reaching for light). I did a 4 day blackout just recently and my crypt wendtii looks better than it ever has. The leaves are longer, wider, and overall fuller. It's crazy.

Little help here....

3 day blackout...did you just not turn on the lights or did you cover the tank w/ something?

So do you reduce your CO2 during the blackout? If not should I worry about my fish not having enough O?

Back
Top Bottom