3 gallon hanging bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schpanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
here's my Betta bowl. It's 22lbs, I weigh it with a luggage scale. The hardware is hidden in a fake tree. I just got a nice LED clip lamp and stuck it on the tree. LOW tech.

Here's how it looks in the room.

That's interesting. I've never seen a hanging aquarium before. How do you feed it and do water changes?

I use a five gallon bucket and small siphon. I use old super-sized Wendy's cups to refill. The top of the bowl is open, so that's how I clean an feed. Once in a while I'll take down the whole bowl and do a big job. I've had the bowl for several years, but only recently did real plants.

I have a similar bowl, it was home to a betta , but now its full of plants that were broken and I just threw whatever I found floating in my tanks are in there , I was thinking to put my new betta in there but it could be a bugger to clean. My wife loves this little plant bowl, she even takes care of it , even though it's low light ,, I've got some high Iight growing in there as well??? It's a funny thing I was thinking to hang it too and put my betta in it, but the cleaning might be a bit of a pain. I'll take some pics and post for you .
By the way it looks great!!! I think a turkey baster would help you clean, or a small tube which you can siphon out the waste water???[emoji6]

Clem

Yeah, the siphon is really small. Think I got it when my uncle died. It was in his junk. Just make sure you check the weight limit on the plant hanger (the rope thing) mine was 25lbs. I'm really close to that weight.

Back
Top Bottom