36 Discus Plant Assortment (36 Discus Assortment)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the needle leaf ludwiga for starters. the vals might benefit from it also. on the left the java fern looks like its in the substrate which should be above it.

what one are you using flourish trace or the flourish comprehensive?

I inherited the tank as established from my wife so I'm good to go there. thanks for the thought!

you can cycle your tank before you ad fish and is usually recommended. it will cycle faster that way too.

Oooh, good point. It was Comprehensive Flourish (the brown stuff) and a some Excel. I have a small battle of all the Seachem plant stuff (Excel, Iron, Flourish, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium) and some Freshwater Trace..

the needle leaf ludwiga for starters. the vals might benefit from it also. on the left the java fern looks like its in the substrate which should be above it.

what one are you using flourish trace or the flourish comprehensive?

ok. just making sure the flourish trace is almost worthless. when you do run out of those you might want to look into dry ferts. you can mix your own liquid and save a lot of money.

I inherited the tank as established from my wife so I'm good to go there. thanks for the thought!

If you have had it running without fish or a ammmonia source of some kind you have more than likely lost your benificial bacteria and will have to recycle your tank

Oooh I hope not. I have had a cory in the tank and have been feeding him/her every day. I have also been adding Seachem Stability and also have a little community of Ostracod.

If you have had it running without fish or a ammmonia source of some kind you have more than likely lost your benificial bacteria and will have to recycle your tank

I think you did alright as far as what you got for your money. I tried doing it cheaper for my 90 gallon discus tank and ended up spending well over 100 getting them from various sources. You also probably got more established larger plants than you are likely to get with barter/trade, but you never know. I have gotten some generous donations from other members when I ordered or bought one or two things.
In the future as you replace things and add to your collection other members are a great way to go.
Your tank looks great. Nice job! :)

Thanks for the compliment and advice! I was able to add five Scarlet Badis and five Cherry Shrimp Today. Oh, and one mystery snail. I'm working to improve my aquarium photos. I gotta figure out how to do a manual focus!
sbadis.jpg

cshrimp.jpg

I think you did alright as far as what you got for your money. I tried doing it cheaper for my 90 gallon discus tank and ended up spending well over 100 getting them from various sources. You also probably got more established larger plants than you are likely to get with barter/trade, but you never know. I have gotten some generous donations from other members when I ordered or bought one or two things.
In the future as you replace things and add to your collection other members are a great way to go.
Your tank looks great. Nice job! :)

I tend to agree with happygirl, it isn't easy to find that volume of plants from one hobbyist source, and the savings on a per plant basis get chewed up pretty quickly in shipping costs from several sources vs. only one.

Back
Top Bottom