Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Nothing wrong with using a sponge filter. It's just that the surface agitation created by the bubbles may off gas the injected CO2 (more than you would like). However, if you can keep the drop checker the color a nice green, then you keeping sufficient CO2 levels in there.
TBH - none of the plants in there look like they require high light and the CO2 that goes with it.
Ah yes I know the amount of plants are a bit low, planning on going to the local fish store to get more plants tomorrow

Old 12-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Btw I have the readings from the water the high range ph I think is 7.8 and for kh it took me atound 12-13 drops before I got it to turn yellow. [ATTACH]292342
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1482860773189.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	292342  

Old 12-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I fear my plants are not fairing to well... alot of the roots seem to be dying...
Old 12-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Aquaforce View Post
I fear my plants are not fairing to well... alot of the roots seem to be dying...
I mean stems* my bad guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reygan2 View Post
I wouldn't move the pleco into the tank with those readings. Your tank is well on it's way to being cycled! Your nitrates aren't too high, they will continue to increase. Mine were off the chart for a while before my cycle finished.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Aquaforce View Post

Have u been dosing any carbon at all? Like seachem excel? Should be more than enough nitrate for them due to the cycle but the carbon should help them absorb it abit
Old 12-27-2016, 11:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes I have, i have been told to use some of them daily during the cycling process but forgot which ones to rely on since i have Prime for the tap water, Excel, Trace, Florish, as well as Stability.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Should i add my established canister fliter to my soon to be done 55 gal cycling tank (which is currently being filtered by an under powered filter -184gph) once i get my fish tansffered over? Or should i just buy another identical filter to the 55 gal tank asap??

Tags
cycling, fish, fishless, fishless cycling

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com