4 hours on 4 hours off 4 hours on light questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fishfanatic said:
An update on the 4/4/4 light cycle... I love it! It has helped lots with my algae and my plants don't seem to be effected. It also saves me 2 hours of running the co2 (I used to run my lights for 10 hours a day) I now have all of my tanks on the 4/4/4 light cycle (all 2 of my tanks lol). I have another quick question how do I edit how many tanks I have? I only have 1 green box saying that I only have one tank but now I have 2 tanks. (If that makes any cents)

If you talking about the "green box" under your name when you post that is your rep points not your number of tanks. Wouldn't a 4 off 4 on cycle negatively effect fish?

rain87 said:
If you talking about the "green box" under your name when you post that is your rep points not your number of tanks. Wouldn't a 4 off 4 on cycle negatively effect fish?

Yes those are the green boxes I was talking about...

I have done some research and as far as I have known fish don't care if there is ever light at all or if the lights never go off. AKA the lights don't have anything to do with the fish health. Correct me if I am wrong

I have a 7 hour photoperiod. 4 on 1 hour off 3 on. It lets the co2 build back up in that time and makes the tank more consistent.

Crepe said:
I have a 7 hour photoperiod. 4 on 1 hour off 3 on. It lets the co2 build back up in that time and makes the tank more consistent.

Do you do that with injected co2 or excel? What would you recommend if I'm dosing excel daily?

shadowstars123 said:
Do you do that with injected co2 or excel? What would you recommend if I'm dosing excel daily?

I have pressurized co2... I don't know what would be best if you used exel

shadowstars123 said:

Co2 injection is only necessary if u are keeping high light plants. Dosing excel daily is enough for medium/low light plants.

Hubert90 said:
Co2 injection is only necessary if u are keeping high light plants. Dosing excel daily is enough for medium/low light plants.

Oh. I know that, I was askingfor a lighting regimen for a excel dosed tank

Back
Top Bottom