40 g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to repeat myself, but I still do not think this is a good stock for angels, definitely not for 2 more.
I don't know what a ringed loach is. I thought featherfins needed more space, but I am not positive, so don't quote me on that. :)
Did you look into gouramis or a smaller killifish as a centerpeice instead of angels?

absolutangel04 said:
Sorry to repeat myself, but I still do not think this is a good stock for angels, definitely not for 2 more.
I don't know what a ringed loach is. I thought featherfins needed more space, but I am not positive, so don't quote me on that. :)
Did you look into gouramis or a smaller killifish as a centerpeice instead of angels?

Yes i did, but my gouramis always die:( and okay. Well see about the angels. Thing is,i wanted a bigger centerpiece but didnt have any ideas. I would add the angels last anyways, so we have time to think!!

Ya that sounds pretty good actually. And, what is the problem with the angels again? The 3rd micro?

The problem is that they will eat your glowlights and also they would not be good tankmates for the micro angel. Having 3 in there is an even bigger problem, but I still do not think even 1 other in there with the micro is a good idea. Even id 1 with the micro would be ok, it would still likely eat your glowlights.

Paradise fish are beautiful and I have heard they do not eat tankmates. I have not owned them though, so I can't tell you much more than that. I think they are worth looking into though. :)

Was thinking abpit my stocking (like always), and though of one of those packages a tank kit comes in, with TONS of gouramis in a tank, and thought how would that work? Would they all have to be males and dwarf gouramis? Could someone explain how that would work with a 40g

Was thinking abpit my stocking (like always), and though of one of those packages a tank kit comes in, with TONS of gouramis in a tank, and thought how would that work? Would they all have to be males and dwarf gouramis? Could someone explain how that would work with a 40g
Not all males. All males would fight. The gender ratio I have heard is the most successful is one male dg to 2 or 3 females. Also, I don/t think it's a good idea to just stock the tank with gouramis. Anabatids are aggressive to each other. Sometimes, people find nice ones, but the chances of getting that many nice ones that all get along together is low. Even in a 40g, I would not just fill it with a bunch of gouramis. I am guesiing a couple trios of dg would be ok since both males could keep a territory, but I wouldn;t put more than 2 in there personally. Maybe somebody else with more gourami experience will have a different opinion though.:)

Haha ya im not going to do it, but it looks cool!!! But it would have to be all femaled basically? Ya that would be tough

Gboy66 said:
Looks somthin like this. They have them at my lfs

That is a type of Hillstream Loach, Sewellia lineolata.
Very specialized and NOT suitable for the average tank. They like cool, FAST flowing super clean water. Here is a care guide.
http://www.loaches.com/species-index/sewellia-lineolata

Please don't pick fish for appearance, Google care guides also. You can look at videos of successful set ups also.

Featherfins get large. They are African and can be bullies. As with most large Cats they will eat anything that fits in their mouth. Like Glowlights.

Not recommended tank mates.

Coursair said:
That is a type of Hillstream Loach, Sewellia lineolata.
Very specialized and NOT suitable for the average tank. They like cool, FAST flowing super clean water. Here is a care guide.
http://www.loaches.com/species-index/sewellia-lineolata

Please don't pick fish for appearance, Google care guides also. You can look at videos of successful set ups also.

Think it was called somthing different though... B somthing loach

Coursair said:
Featherfins get large. They are African and can be bullies. As with most large Cats they will eat anything that fits in their mouth. Like Glowlights.

Not recommended tank mates.

When they get big?

Back
Top Bottom