40 g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
K so for my planted 40 g with a biowheel i was thinking

1 gold angel female
1 marble angel male
1 featherfin catfish
1-2 bristlenose pleco(s)
1-albino weather loach
7-rummynose tetras
7- glolight tetras (already have)
1-micro angel (already have)

Over stocked? Should i cut out the rummys? I love your guys' advice so any is appreciated!!

Ya im not so posative about the catfish either but will have lots of hiding spots for his liking. And even if its a micro angel? I thought maybe they might stay aways from eathother. And did you think it was ok with or without the rummys

Overall looks ok to me, though I'm not an angel fish or loach expert. The tetras I'd say are fine ... maybe just one BN pleco?

K so for my planted 40 g with a biowheel i was thinking

1 gold angel female
1 marble angel male
1 featherfin catfish
1-2 bristlenose pleco(s)
1-albino weather loach
7-rummynose tetras
7- glolight tetras (already have)
1-micro angel (already have)

Over stocked? Should i cut out the rummys? I love your guys' advice so any is appreciated!!
I think that having just 2 angels would be the better option, even if one is a micro angel. Also one bristlenose pleco would be sufficient. Besides that I think everything is good and yes the rummynose tetras can stay IMO. :D

Haha cool!! Im bummed about the micro angel, because im kinda stuck with him :/ and ya maybe just one albino bn pleco!!

Now is everyone sure that these fish would do alright with like 78-80 degree water? And my ph is basically hugher ecause of tap water is that alright?

I need to inject that glowlight tetras will probably get eaten by the fullsized angel. They are not good tankmates because they are too small.
Also, from what I know about Leopold's angel, they are very feisty once they grow up, so I don't really know that a different species of angel would be a good mix in there with him. Definitely don't get 2 more angels.

Hmmm ya...im worried about the glolights also but am hopeing that if i raise them with baby angels itll b fine for at least a little bit. And the leopalds angel isnt attacking my glos yet, and theyv been together a long time so im not sure if maybe he will become aggressive later, even though hes about full grown

Hmmm ya...im worried about the glolights also but am hopeing that if i raise them with baby angels itll b fine for at least a little bit. And the leopalds angel isnt attacking my glos yet, and theyv been together a long time so im not sure if maybe he will become aggressive later, even though hes about full grown
Honestly, a baby angel would be fine with the glowlights for awhile, but I would not bet that it would stay that way forever. The Leopold would be more aggressive to another angel than to glofish. Angels are often much more concerned with each other than with other fish.

Hey and also, what if i just didnt do angels, and i could keep my micro? I want a bigger centerpiece fish, so could ya guys give me some ideas??

Ok could i do

2 angelfish
1 dwarf (rehome when the time comes)
1 bn pleco
2 ring loaches
10 glolight tetras
1 featherfin cat
7 hatchetfish

Overstocked in a 40g planted?

Back
Top Bottom