Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Well, this weekend I went through my existing supplies to see what I already had on hand and what I could get rid of in an upcoming auction. I discovered that I have a Aquaclear 200 Filter on hand and the Powerhead is only recommended for upto a 30 gallon aquarium. Based on this I've decided to run both. The Powerhead will be on one side for CO2 diffusion and the Aquaclear on the other side for additional water movement. Since both can be dialed down on the amount of water movement, I should be able to fine tune the water flow quite nicely.

I plan to start ordering what I need later today. Woot!

Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrbox View Post
Well, this weekend I went through my existing supplies to see what I already had on hand and what I could get rid of in an upcoming auction. I discovered that I have a Aquaclear 200 Filter on hand and the Powerhead is only recommended for upto a 30 gallon aquarium. Based on this I've decided to run both. The Powerhead will be on one side for CO2 diffusion and the Aquaclear on the other side for additional water movement. Since both can be dialed down on the amount of water movement, I should be able to fine tune the water flow quite nicely.

I plan to start ordering what I need later today. Woot!
Nice! If you order your tank/ stand by noon tomorrow it will be on the Wednesday truck. Let me know as I am free anytime to go pick it up. I will even be nice and take it and set it up at my place till your ready for it.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

So excited to see this.. very excited!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Okay. All the hardware is ordered, with the exception of a few small CO2 parts to upgrade my regulator (plug unneeded ports in manifold & better needle valve). I'm really starting to get excited.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

What needle valve are you getting?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrbox View Post
Okay. All the hardware is ordered, with the exception of a few small CO2 parts to upgrade my regulator (plug unneeded ports in manifold & better needle valve). I'm really starting to get excited.
I love how your started to get excited and I am jumping out of my seat. I think I get overly excited when people get new toys.. is that odd. Anyway cant wait to see this!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigthor View Post
What needle valve are you getting?
I ordered the Fabco Needle Valve. It's supposed to give quite a bit better control over the flow than the Clippard Needle Valves that I currently have. It's only a couple dollars more than adding a Clippard Low Pressure Regulator and was what Rex recommended.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

The Fabco is nice. I've got a pair of custom NV-55s on my regulator. Bigger body and threaded section, then the typical NV-55s. Going to run yours inline or mounted to the regulator? I know most recommend inline with the Fabco due to the small threads.

Craig
Old 03-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

I'll be running it inline. That way I can place it where it's a little easier to get at and adjust the bubble rate without having to climb under the aquarium.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Two large long boxes and one small yet extremely heavy box arrived on my doorstep just a little bit ago. FedEx dropped off my Drs Foster & Smith order. The light fixture was in one of the large long boxes with LOTS of packing peanuts. If I have to buy more anytime soon for shipping plants I'll be extremely shocked. The other large long box contain a pair of spare bulbs and the two heaters. The final box had the 2 bags of sand. Now I just have to wait impatiently until Saturday when I can go down to Coralville Bay to pick up my Aquarium and Stand.

Tags
40 gallon, log, plant, planted, planted aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com