40g breeder update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! I've always wanted to breed plecos! Is there a notable difference between males and female plecos? How easy is it to breed them?

The males have the bristles on their noses, the females have little to no bristles. Keep the water clean, keep them well fed and give them some place to hide and you'll get babies. Mine have caves that my rams didn't like. Once the eggs have hatched, I move the wigglers into another tank until they're old enough to go into a grow out tub, then for sale or trade they go.

Our LFS's are lucky to have more than one strain of guppy. We have terrible fish stores here. I have to drive 60 miles to the nearest decent one. OS.

I have to go to Boulder if I want to go to a good store that isn't a chain. Though I have found some good stuff at the chains too. I prefer my store in Boulder though, they let me trade or get store credit.

Time to post some updated pictures to show how much the plants are growing.

Attachments

• IMG_8189.jpg
    IMG_8189.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8190.jpg
    IMG_8190.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8191.jpg
    IMG_8191.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8192.jpg
    IMG_8192.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 72
How have I just found this thread?! Tank looks great dragon! Reds really look spectacular against the greens with dark substrate.. How many gbr's? I have one and he's the happiest little food dancer..

image-2056327352.jpg

Hey OS, this is a abn! My lil pooper..
image-2327437195.jpg

Beautiful Jamie! The mix of plants is great and all look so healthy. Congrats and way to go! What fishys do you have in it? OS.

Thanks OS :) I took your advice about the root tabs for the AR mini, so I moved them closer together and popped a few tabs under them. This is my GBR/pristella tetra tank.

How have I just found this thread?! Tank looks great dragon! Reds really look spectacular against the greens with dark substrate.. How many gbr's? I have one and he's the happiest little food dancer..

View attachment 225544

Hey OS, this is a abn! My lil pooper..
View attachment 225541

Thanks Brookster,

I have 4 pairs of GBRs in this tank. All 8 are happy little snots.

so cool ! What do you feed? Temp change wc?

The refill water is always a bit cooler, 73 degrees.

Their food is something I make.

I get beefheart, shrimp, broccoli, peas, nori, vitamins (for fish) and minced garlic, blend it up, put it in gallon freezer bags, then drop a piece in a feeding time, twice a day.

That's great! You probably have the happiest rams north of the Mississippi! I'll bet they really dance when they see you walking over to the tank;) ok...done hijacking...

Here's some updated pictures from today. Did a partial water change Tuesday, added a few more root tabs under the AR mini. Got some great growth going, but it's really hard to tell in the pictures. If the rams would ever stop spawning long enough for me to get in there and do a bit of scaping...

Also, if anyone wants to see my other tanks, here's the thread:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/finally-new-pics-294439-4.html#post2876401

Attachments

• 40g1.jpg
    40g1.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 40g2.jpg
    40g2.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom