40g Planted Apistogramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watered before and after planting, anyone with any experience with DBT DSM please help?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with those two but the tank looks amazing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you so much:). Looking at the picture, should I add more wood to the left side?

I'm not keeping the tank completely humid or spritz ing it with water. I have a small humidifier that I could put in the tank if necessary. However, I'm seeing great results as all of the BDT sprouts are raised up and lively. I'm afraid when I flood the tank however it will all die off:(? Any thoughts or experience

Everything is going good so far! Expecting a lot of snow and I went away for the weekend, so I left the 24/7 feature on. I'm thinking about some submerged (roots in the water) ferns on the top of the tank, what would you suggest off of this site.
http://www.palmcentre.co.uk/category/fern

Rad max and coral bandit thank you for the advice, the tank is much cleaner and the receivers work so much better!

I'm not doing DSM with HC Cuba and Glosso and it is a challenge keeping the plants rooted.
Looks like they are doing fine in your DSM setup. I did save a little clump of HC Cuba and put it into a terrarium.
When is the flood date?

Fresh, your toothpick idea seemed like a great idea! Yea I was really worried about the HC just floating to the surface, so I did the DSM. I'm hoping it will fill in quite a bit in the next two weeks. The flood date will be when I get my final pieces of equipment: the 5lb co2 tank and I got a bigger online diffuser that is being returned by GLA, and one piece of spider wood. I should be all set once I get the co2. I'm looking at getting some fissidens Fontanus to dry start those with super glue. I'm also worried about sinking my spider wood:/

Toothpicks worked with Staurogyne repens but HC Cuba and Glosso are much, much smaller. After a couple of failed attempts with the toothpicks, I ended up cutting stainless steel mesh into 1"x1" squares and gluing the plants to those. Working fine except for 2 out of 20 have been uprooted by the colony of MTS in the substrate.
For the spider wood, if you can soak most or all of it in a bucket that would help. Slate or stainless steel mesh can be cut to the appropriate size and can be attached to the wood using stainless steel screws.

It looks so healthy fresh, ?oh man I though the toothpicks would work out for you. Unfortunately I can't boil the pieces due to their size, I might try the stainless steel method that would be a good shot.
I'm looking to DSM some fissidens Fontanus by super gluing it to the spider wood. I'm looking on eBay and the pricing is close to $20 for 1 by 1inch of it. Is that really a good deal?

Slate is heavier and might be a better option. I found some scraps (asked before taking them) in the tile cutting section at Lowes and used them to support some manzanita branches.
I'd keep looking on the moss. I hope that price included shipping. I ordered mini fissidens (slightly smaller) from JungleFowl and I also got some regular fissidens from Tiger Terror a while back.
In the right conditions it grows quickly. Here it is in my shrimp tank:
dcx8NiK.jpg
I have it on DW and on SS mesh squares on the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom