40g Planted Apistogramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much fresh. Jungle fowl is sending over a lot of fissidens. My next few steps are to wait to get the fissidens super glued to the spider wood before I fill the tank. Set up the temporary slate pieces to submerge the wood. Finally I need a co2 tank and the returned GLA diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No prob. I got my first RCS from JungleFowl and everything since has been good.
If you are not ready to set the moss, you can just let it be. I like tying it flat against stainless steel mesh. IMO it spreads out the moss allowing more light to penetrate. That's how I did the moss carpets.

Can you bend he stainless steel to contour to the branches? I've just had 13 mbuna die at my fathers house so it's been quite the pain.

Can you bend he stainless steel to contour to the branches? I've just had 13 mbuna die at my fathers house so it's been quite the pain.

Yes you can. But it might be simpler to use superglue to attach the moss directly to the DW. Or use fishing line.

I'm really debating flooding the tank soon. The dwarf baby tears are slightly dying, I'm worried about this.

DBT not looking as good as they were. Should I flood?

I'm worried about my canister filter and the crappy lily pipes. It doesn't look like the housing will stay on.

I'm worried about my canister filter and the crappy lily pipes. It doesn't look like the housing will stay on.

I really can't help you with that as I don't know much about filters

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm really debating flooding the tank soon. The dwarf baby tears are slightly dying, I'm worried about this.

Any pics of the DBT? Brown leaves? Yellowing? Do you have plastic wrap over the tank? How often are you misting the tank? Any sign of mold?
I put some Glosso and HC Cuba in terrarium a couple weeks back for kicks and surprisingly they are doing well.

Are they very loose? You might try some appropriately nylon hose clamps (Google search for an image). Of find a short length of a smaller hose, place it on the lily pipe and the fit the canister hosing over that.

Thank you for the replies. Yea fresh sorry I was up all night writing an essay. The DBT started to turn a little yellow, even with the seran-wrap and daily misting. I just don't think the temperature was constant as my apartment dropped to 60^ when I left for the last weekend and turned off the heater. I flooded the tank and they started to pearl which was a good sign. As far as the canister filter, GLA diffuser will arrive sometime this week. My problems have been keeping the intake and outtake lily pipes straight, as the suction cups are too weak to hold them in place. Furthermore, all I've done is shoved the lily pipe into the canister filter tubing without any clamps. I believe I should do one of those bathroom type pipe clams to keep it on there. Any ideas on how to keep the lily pipes stable? Il try to upload pics tomorrow

Mold is on the driftwood, didn't let the DBT in standing water. However , when I flooded the tank they were all rooted??so it worked slightly

When should I start dosing the water column with a pps-pro solution?

I'm worried about overloading the ferts and getting algae bloom because I have so few plants

PPS-Pro is not overloaded like EI. You should be fine provided you are doing regular water changes. I would start testing nitrate and phosphate, get a baseline and test a couple times during the week.
Is the CO2 already running in that tank?

I don't know how to purchase a membership :/. I'm going to test the water column soon, I don't have an electronic scale for the pps pro.

Co2 is not yet tuning, I will probably run excel for a week.

Back
Top Bottom