5 GAL Eclipse Startup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As mentioned, the footprint of the hex tank would be kinda small for even a small group of them to swim around in. I'm not so sure it would be a good idea. There are several other options though, snails, frogs, crabs, etc.

You mainly just want to be careful that you don't get anything that would pick on the betta tail too much. A crab\crayfish might, my experience is that the betta likes to rest on the substrate.

The frogs depend on the type from what I hear, I don't have any experience so I don't know what ones are less hostile.

The apple snails are more likely to get picked on by the betta, mine did at first but after a while he gave up on it.

Shrimp are also a nice option, the larger ones are just like crabs and crayfish. Ghost shrimp aren't too mean and their size prevents too much harassment, though some of them can be mean to each other. Basically, ghost shrimp need to be the slowest moving thing in the tank, they don't mix well with snails.

All in all my personal experience is limited to the betta, snail & ghost shrimp so if your interested in one of the other options someone else might be a better help.

Back
Top Bottom