Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

5 gallon planted betta tank

im in the middle of "converting" my 5 gallon tank with a betta named Casper, in to an all-planted tank! I already have a few plants in the tank with him: an anubias and four moss balls. The tank is heated, filtered and near my window, so i hope all my plants will have enough sunlight. tomorrow im getting a piece of driftwood from Amazon that I will boil and soak to get rid of the Tannis. Im going to add my anubias that I already have and another one that I will soon be receiving onto the driftwood with a fishing line. Ive heard not to cover the rhizome so hopefully the plant will be okay with just attaching onto the wood.

I just have a few questions: (1) Along with the plants that I already have, does anyone have any other ideas for plants that I could add (low light i guess) some small for the front of my tank and some larger for the back? (2) Also, for my 5 gallon low light tank, do i need to add fertilizer or supplements as well as carbon to the tank? (3) or a certain type of substrate? (4) and will the sunlight coming from the window be enough for the plants to thrive? its not in direct sunlight?

Thank you guys so much for your imput!

Tags
5 gallon, betta, gallon, plant, planted, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com