5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. :) I hope you get some good ones. I have been duped twice by plants that were sold to me as aquatic that weren't.

absolutangel04 said:
Awesome. :) I hope you get some good ones. I have been duped twice by plants that were sold to me as aquatic that weren't.

I am only buying the ones that I want-HC, dwarf hairgrass, and pogostemon helfiri.

just a note on the background, i de-rimmed a 10 gal and painted the back black and with the black substrate the colors of my cherry shrimp really pop! even though i did it to blend wires and such, the colors were an unexpected perk :)

I am going to move some of my micro sword in there to get it to grow better. I may just leave it in there

Here is the tank with the micro sword in it. I think my DW is almost done soaking.

One of my LFSs was out of stock today, but tomorrow they'll have HC and DHG.

daileene said:
oh yeah....they are such a great looking DW. I have one in one of my 10Gs..

Which one are you talking about? The tree stump shaped one, or the tree branches shaped one?

Yes, it is a carpeting plant. It needs high light, abundant nutrients, and CO2 injection and stays fairly short, spreading outwards. Thus it creates a "carpet" on the aquarium floor. HC stands for the scientific name: Hemianthus callitrichoides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom