5 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 5 gallon tank that I'm planting. I have red cherry shrimp in there right now. I have driftwood pieces soaking. I plan on putting HC, dwarf hairgrass, and some others. I will get some pictures later.

I am going to need to up the lighting for the HC... any suggestions?

Apparently Amazon likes me... Whenever I order something I choose free super saver shipping, and it is supposed to arrive 5-10 business days later... Well I have been getting everything 2 days after ordering. So my co2 kit will be here tomorrow! :)

Nice tank and DW! I love rimless tanks, they look very sleek and make awesome planted tanks IMO.

It's a modified Fluval Chi-before modification it was very nice looking, but was not very reliable.

Have you considered putting a solid background on the tank? It's JMO, but I feel like a solid background gives the tank a more polished look. I always spray paint it black, but you can go to just about any chain store and pick up a little bit of the tape on background- most have one that is black on one side and blue on the other- and just cut to fit and tape on.

Have you considered putting a solid background on the tank? It's JMO, but I feel like a solid background gives the tank a more polished look. I always spray paint it black, but you can go to just about any chain store and pick up a little bit of the tape on background- most have one that is black on one side and blue on the other- and just cut to fit and tape on.

That's a good idea-that would increase the amount of light in my tank, wouldn't it?

Not necessarily. It may reflect some of the light but I doubt you'd see much of a difference in PAR with or without a background.

Your driftwood looks really good. I like those shapes. :)
Just a note, black actually absorbs light rather than reflecting it. However, I agree that having a background wouldn't really change your light enough to matter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom