50g adventures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a reverse piece of driftwood on the right going from the top down like roots? I'd keep the mid open for carpet plants and then moss the wood with a few small plants that grow up and around it.

I'm far from a good aquascaper tho ;)

Looks good so far!

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

New piece of wood came in. This is what I've gotten so far. I see ordering some more plants. My Dwarf Sagittaria doesn't seem to be doing well.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1473896237.881447.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks much better ?. Shame about the dwarf sag. I've never had this plant.

What about crypt? I've had really good luck with them in a low-medium light tank.

Crypts are a good choice.
I've had dwarf sag in low light. Growth was very slow. As in hardly growing at all. In decent light (and CO2) it grows like wildfire. Currently I have it growing outside in a small pond with full sun exposure. It stays green even under that last 3 seasons under ice for several weeks in the winter.
OP - Are those Java fern and anubias planted directly into the substrate? That might be okay as long as the rhizomes are not buried.

I've had dwarf sag in low light. Growth was very slow. As in hardly growing at all. In decent light (and CO2) it grows like wildfire. Currently I have it growing outside in a small pond with full sun exposure. It stays green even under that last 3 seasons under ice for several weeks in the winter.
OP - Are those Java fern and anubias planted directly into the substrate? That might be okay as long as the rhizomes are not buried.

Some of the sag has greened up. I figured it would melt maybe come back. I got it free so not a terrible loss. I'm using 2 Finnex Planted + fixtures now vs the stock bulbs. Lights run 7.5 hrs a day split up for morning viewing and evening. I buried the roots but I did make sure the rhizomes were left exposed . I've used both of these plants before using this method and they've done well.

Only time will tell I suppose. I'll look at the crypts more. I was thinking of making a Java moss mat and let it take over the empty middle.

Some of the sag has greened up. I figured it would melt maybe come back. I got it free so not a terrible loss. I'm using 2 Finnex Planted + fixtures now vs the stock bulbs. Lights run 7.5 hrs a day split up for morning viewing and evening. I buried the roots but I did make sure the rhizomes were left exposed . I've used both of these plants before using this method and they've done well.

Only time will tell I suppose. I'll look at the crypts more. I was thinking of making a Java moss mat and let it take over the empty middle.

Java can look really nice but it tends to break loose and get stuck on everything in the tank. I've got Christmas moss in my tank at moment and my god it's messy stuff

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Mind. Blown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom