55 Gallon Planted Tank Ideas/Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, thank you, sorry for making you spell it out. I like the tweezer idea, do you still make a whole for it or do you just kinda "push" it into the substrate?

You definitely don't wanna vacuum your sand or gravel or whatever you get because you will risk stirring up the soil. Just leave all the debris on the bottom. As far as soil most people use miracle gro organic choice potting mix but any organic potting soil will work. As far as planting plants, you wanna make sure you get the roots of the plants buried. When you plant, some of the soil will probably get stirred up a bit but it's no big deal. Also moving plants will stir up the soil a bit too but it really doesn't matter, you can either wait a little and your filter will get the water clean or you can do a water change.

Do i "rinse" the potting soil first? I've read of people doing this.

You don't really need to it will work fine without all of the trouble.

Either way will work. If he wants to do less work than do it as simple as possible, but if he wants it to be less risky, then he can do the extra work.

So about 5 mins ago i go to fishneedit.com to buy the fixture i wanted...and yea...now it's out of stock...boooooo!!!

Ok, so what other lights can I go with? Also marconis, what did you use to paint the back of your tank?

Back
Top Bottom