55 Gallon Planted Tank Light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbz99

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need a light for my up and coming 55 gallon planted aquarium. I won't be having any extremely hard to keep plants but would like good wattage just incase. Any ways I can do this cheaper than say $130??

~Zac

Looks awesome, great price too :) thanks a ton
~Zac

Look at led. Not much more and never have to change bulbs. Finnex planted plus is a great light at a great price on amazon. Uses less electricity and grows plants great. I've had it 3 months and plants are responding great with new green leaves and runners.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403231790.116580.jpg

Build My LED is great but super pricy, definitely out of your range. Finnex has some great lights, check out the ray 2, fugeray, and planted+. I've heard that the current satellites have low PAR ratings so you might want to be careful with that.

Yes I have a low light tank did some research expecting 25 to 30 par on my 55 so it's good for a low light setup

I've also read allot of bad things about the oddessey brand just for a heads up I don't know from experience but have read the ballast craps out

Ive run the odyssea t-5 ho lights on my high-tech 55 gallon for 2 years and I've had a great experience, just replace the bulbs that come with it for better bulbs. they are a little flimsy but do the job. I will be upgrading my lighting soon but have had a great experience.

Back
Top Bottom