55 gallon rebuild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bully405Customz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I changed if to floramax with cichlid sand on top and then moved my decorations around a little. I'll put pictures of before and after. The one with gravel is the old style. Tell me what y'all think!

Wow I'm guessing the old one has blue gravel. The tank on the left looks great, heck the both do. What types of fish are or are you planning to put it.

The one on the right is the old one and it just had a brownish colored mixed gravel. The new one is cichlid sand with floramax under it for the plants. And the tank ready has 8 black skirt tetras, 1 featherfin cat, 2 peacock eels, and 1 dinosaur birchir. Plus 2 blue rams to be added this weekend.

Here is a better picture with the new lights on it and the cloudy water has cleared up a bit. I can't wait for my plants to fill in!

I like it the blue rams (electric blue rams) if I'm correct are great we had some in my shop.

I'm really excited to get my pair. The only other thing I need is something to control the algae. Any suggestions? And I have 3 t5 HO bulbs with individual reflectors. 2 are 6500k and one is 10000k is that to much light? Not enough?

How Many watts total and what size tank. Also a bushy nose pleco or Chinese algae eater.

It's a 55 gallon tank a s with all 4 bulbs in it, it has 216 watts. I can't imagine it not being enough I'm almost more worried about have to much. Also is the 10000k bulb doing any good or should I just have the 6500k's in it? What about the rubber lip pleco?

Rubber nose pleco are lazy I have found the bushy nose stays under 5"in and is The best algae eater because of the sensors on it's nose. Also I'm not thee greatest on plants so I don't wana mess you up but the general rule of thumb for a FW planted tank is 2-4watts per gallon. Your tank has 3.92 watts. Your ok.

Awesome, I only have 3 bulbs in it now so it's probably perfect. And im gonna have to work on getting one of those pretty soon. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom