55 gallon rescape.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doing some major trimming of all sections that have gha. Cut the photoperiod another 30 minutes and upped the co2 a touch. I dont have any signs of a fert deficiency so will play with my el dosing last.

Thinking of removing all the swords and ferns entirely if doesnt abate soon and just do stems lol.

What's your co2 running at? Measurement method? I think you have made the right steps so far.

I use a bubble counter currently at 4bps. I also spot check with dkh.
After increasing i am currently running 38ppm co2. Was at 30ppm.

I use a bubble counter currently at 4bps. I also spot check with dkh.
After increasing i am currently running 38ppm co2. Was at 30ppm.

I think these are all very rough estimates but it is the best we have. All I can say is that sometimes you may think you have enough when in actual fact, everything has been lying to you and you get algae.

Hope things improve algae wise. Upping co2 is definitely the first thing I would do and if that doesn't work I'd up it again.

Thanks caliban.
Also added a small 80gph pump near the diffuser to aid in moving around the tank. Will see if the increased co2 has the desired effects by end of the week.

Back to filter, added a siphon break hole below the water line on the return.
When I hard plumb will make this a valve so only need when cleaning the filter and cause repriming after a wc.

Thanks caliban.
Also added a small 80gph pump near the diffuser to aid in moving around the tank. Will see if the increased co2 has the desired effects by end of the week.

Back to filter, added a siphon break hole below the water line on the return.
When I hard plumb will make this a valve so only need when cleaning the filter and cause repriming after a wc.

That's ok. Just remember that plants response to co2 levels can take time so try to be patient.

Good luck

IMG_1477150921.998602.jpg

Latest photo. Think i am ditching the micro swords and the small rosetta sword. Micro swords are being outcompeted by the narrow leaf and the rosetta sword(ECHINODORUS PARVIFLORUS) has such dismal growth its more a distraction than adding to the aquascape.

Back
Top Bottom