55g fell into my lap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a big water change yesterday. My new Eheim heater is working great.
But one of my cute Otos must have startled and banged into something. As I was refilling I see it doing the death spiral [emoji25]. I added extra Prime. No other fish affected. It died about 5 mins later. ! I love my Otos.

My new Cory sterbai are settling in. I plan to grab some live worms as soon as I can.

The tank is looking almost too full. I may rehome my gorgeous Roselines. I'm thinking a 55g does not give them the room they deserve. I'm going to think hard about this. I love them, they are a wishlist fish for me.

Still dealing with some BBA. The front glass is better now.

Rummies are getting big ❤️

IMG_4843.jpgIMG_0020.jpgIMG_4761.jpgIMG_4762.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would keep the Denison barbs. I kept a school of them in a 65 gallon for years with no problems. They are expensive in my area, $15 >. Nice tank.

I would keep the Denison barbs. I kept a school of them in a 65 gallon for years with no problems. They are expensive in my area, $15 >. Nice tank.

I've been wanting them since I first saw them. I think they were $25 each. I got mine for $9.99 each at my local Petsmart. They aren't growing as fast now. But have good appetites. And are very hard to photograph.
IMG_4943.jpg

I still have BBA. Looking into adding a Koralia for flow. I did add Purigen.

I had BGA. It's gone. No idea why. I upped my water changes and added some Excel. It's gone. So I'm happy about that.

This Tank is always a work in progress because I do house/pet sitting and I travel a lot.

Looks great! That Java fern on the right is perfection [emoji106][emoji108]

Back
Top Bottom