55g re-build to a High tech planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldaniel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,
Just wanted to give an update to the 55g re-build. I went ahead and broke down the old community tank and rebuilt it adding a quad T5 HO light, pressurized CO2 system, PFS (pool filter sand), and moved a small selection of plants from the 25g. I have also added some RCS and Crypts along with the Ghost shrimp (7 berried females), 2 dwarf African frogs, and one ghost knife.
Let me know what you all think.
Thanks
Luke
This was before the tear down
37528-albums1608-picture10920.jpg

This is the final product. still have some work to do but thats the point right. lol
37528-albums1608-picture13023.jpg

One of the female ghost shrimp
37528-albums1608-picture13026.jpg

One of the RCS.
37528-albums1608-picture13028.jpg

Looks way better. Those are RCS btw. What kind of fert dosing are you planning to do?

Thanks for catching that. Well since you asked I have a question about dosing ferts. I have been reading about EI and it states to dose K2SO4 if I’m not mistaken. If I am already dosing KNO3 then should I really need to dose the K2SO4?

I would, just to make sure you aren't potassium deficient at any point. It would also allow you to adjust kno3 dosage based on test kit results, testing for potassium is obviously more complicated and would require another kit.

Also consider planting the tank out with about 3 or 4 x as much stuff as whats in there currently.

Best of luck.

I would, just to make sure you aren't potassium deficient at any point. It would also allow you to adjust kno3 dosage based on test kit results, testing for potassium is obviously more complicated and would require another kit.

Also consider planting the tank out with about 3 or 4 x as much stuff as whats in there currently.

Best of luck.
I was testing my K levels in the past and and had numbers as high as 86ppm just dosing the kno3.
i plan on adding quite a few more plants this was just what i had at the time.
thanks again.

Welcome. If you think your K is good I'd just hold off on the k2so4 for a while and look for any change in growth, it may be unnecessary.

That sounds like a plan. Do you by chance know off a good alternative to potassium monophosphate that I can find locally?

Back
Top Bottom