55g tank WIP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought I would post some pictures of my aquarium. It still needs a lot of work but I am taking my time and not rushing into getting everything all at once.

This tank has been set up for 3 years, About a month and a half ago I decided to change the tank into a planted tank. Ive had other planted tanks over the years also. I actually work from home now, so I have all the time in the world to maintain my tank. Sad thing is I can't keep my hands out of my tank now. I'll keep posting on here and let you know how my progress is going

I have a diy co2, 2 liter bottles hooked up now, about to go pressurized.
I just bought the things I need to make my auto doser for ferts which I will be going PPS Pro. Hoping to add a few new plants and also a group of Harlequin Rasboras and a set of German Blue Rams.

The left side of my tank I have no idea what I am doing with yet. Any ideas on other plants? I'm thinking some anubias nana petite, Riccia Fluitans and maybe some Rotala indica all around.
Sorry water is a little cloudy since I did a PWC

17213-albums2434-picture15938.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture15939.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture15940.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture15941.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture15942.jpg

17213-albums2434-picture15943.jpg

Beautiful! What lights are you running?

Edit:

Just noticed - is that an air bubbler? it will counteract your CO2 and REMOVE CO2 from the water. :)

Otherwise, if thats whats coming from your 2l pop bottle - Whats your mixture?!? i never got that much out of one!

Last edited:
Beautiful! What lights are you running?

Edit:

Just noticed - is that an air bubbler? it will counteract your CO2 and REMOVE CO2 from the water. :)

Otherwise, if thats whats coming from your 2l pop bottle - Whats your mixture?!? i never got that much out of one!

Hey thanks!!
I have the air bubbler in right now because I got my temps up because I had an ich problem :/ That's what i get for not setting up my Quarantine tank.

The co2 mixture I am using is 2 cups sugar, which I boil to dissolve sugar. 1/2 tsp of yeast and 1 tsp of Baking soda. I also use the elite mini to defuse the co2, it's working for now.

Oh and the lights I am using is odyssea 3x54w t5ho light

What kind of fish is that in pic 3 & 4?
It's a boesemani rainbow. I had a few others a few years back and he is the only one left. I love him! He follows my hands around in the tank when Im cleaning and will nudge my hand! He's like a dog lol.

Nice tank! I love the big fish! What is he? What's your stock list if you don't mind me asking? :D
List so far
boesemani rainbow
Cherry Barbs
Neon tetras
Ghost shrimp

I plan on adding a few more, but little by little.

It's a boesemani rainbow. I had a few others a few years back and he is the only one left. I love him! He follows my hands around in the tank when Im cleaning and will nudge my hand! He's like a dog lol.
He is SO cool looking!!! How many inches is he?

He is SO cool looking!!! How many inches is he?
I think He is about 4 inches. I really should put a few more of his kind in since they are better in groups. He really shows his colors when I turn the lights on in the morning. I'll take a pic of him when his colors are bright.

If you add some GBRs I'd watch your ghost shrimp! I only have two ~1in and they ate my ghost shrimp that were about as big as them.

Back
Top Bottom