6th tank, sage advise needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's going to look really sharp when everything fills out! I'm glad the plants from me are working out. The more I see them, the more I like kuhli loaches! My Cory cats are dying (I've had them almost since I started my tank almost 4 years ago) and I'm not sure I want to replace them. Those might be a fun choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sweet Odessa! They are very cool feesh, super active.. i had them for a spell in a 29.. no bueno..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha Brooks...they're awesome but hard to get pics of, and they're insane
I absolutely love the kuhlis I'm so glad I found banded ones.
I still have yet to pick up more barbs I've been so busy but hopefully next week.
I also snagged a random brochis that's chilling in here for now. The scarlet temple isn't faring so well but all the other plants are settling in, can't wait for them to fill out a bit. I also have some small Vals in there.
Fresh-you're crazy! Your tanks are much more classy than mine. I just fill em up and throw in whatever I come across haha.
If anyone has more plants that would fare well in there I would certainly be interested!

It's the open look, careful rock placement, and livestock that I find appealing.
My solution is to fill it with plants but the end result is not always good. Or it looks good for a while then grows out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I could be a plant whisperer like you I would haha! I just run with hardscape because it's no maintenance. I literally walked outside, plucked an armful of rocks, washed them and stuck them in there. Moved one or two after the initial placement and that was it. Plop plants where they fit, the end. I'm lazy.
Ended up grabbing more barbs yesterday and another sword. I'm thinking I'm done stocking now:
11 kuhlis, 11 barbs, 5 aspidoras, and the odd brochis which will be moved at some point.

Back
Top Bottom