72 Gallon Planted Aquarium Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thought it was time to start this.

Current Equipment:
72 Gallon Aquarium with Stand
Wet Dry Trickle Filter
3 Coral life Colormax F28-T5-BP
Topfinn Bubbler
UV Sterilizer
Quit1one Model 1200
Heater (Don't know the brand of it.)

Current Stock:
Cichlid Oscar
Upside Down Catfish
Black Ghost Knife
Red Snook
Pleco
(These fish get huge so thats why I don't have any more)

There is only 4 plants in there right now they are a Amazon Sword A baby Amazon Sword,Ludwigia Repens, and some Ludwigia Arcuata. I would list a Plants stock list but I am going to have to tons plants so I will list them when I get them.

There's not much more i am getting (except plants) But i am getting a
Catalina Aquarium Solar T5HO 5x54w
100 pounds of eco complete And some driftwood

I will try to get the pics up today or tomorrow

How long have you had those plants in there? I would make sure they stay put for awhile before you go all out planting a tank with an Oscar in it. Not many people have success keeping plants planted with Oscars in the tank. They are like bulldozers. :)

They have been in there for about a month. And amazingly the oscar likes the seaweed it is the red snook thats up-rooting them. But i just bought a whole bunch of seaweed clips and lead strips and clipped the strips on the seaweed clips and suctioned them on the bottom of the aquarium. So right now the plants are growing happily. :D

Yeah!! I just ordered my eco complete. But sadly I am going to be on vacation when it gets here so. I will get it in and get pictures of it when i get home.
Happy Holidays!

Nice! I just wanted to make sure before the Oscar ruined your planted tank! Can't wait to see pics when you get the Eco in and get more plants. :)

Ok sorry for the delay on the pics. But here they are although there is no ludwigia repens in the pics because it died this week:( But I got another one this week but I already started to take the gravel out so when I get back I can put the gravel in right a way

I have had a planted tank before with cichlids and they liked the seaweed and this one likes it even more and i did order tons of gravel and I have lead strips and i am wrapping those around the plants and then clipping the lead strips on to the seaweed clips. If you want me to post pics of what I mean I am happy to.:D

I have had a planted tank before with cichlids and they liked the seaweed and this one likes it even more and i did order tons of gravel and I have lead strips and i am wrapping those around the plants and then clipping the lead strips on to the seaweed. If you want me to post pics of what I mean I am happy to.:D

Oh I understand haha, I just threw trimmings in my convict tank and it has sand and they ended up eating them before digging them up.

I'll get pics of them as soon as I get them in the tank or not. but once all the seaweed I am going to order gets in the tank I'll get pics up of that to.

My gravel got here 20 minutes before I am going to leave. lol And so I managed to get these pics of it. So I'll be gone for about a week. When I get back I will put this in right away. Oh I got 120 pounds of this.

I finally got back! And I am starting to to put the gravel in now i will post pics when i am done.:D

I got some more seaweed! The one on the far left is a scarlet temple I mixed with the ludwigia that is there. The one in the middle that is kind of brownish is in the family of frill but I don't know the exact name of it. And the one on the far right is a lindernia rotundifo

I finally got a hold of some flame moss from a US seller. I should have it in a couple days. It is going on the rock.

When I do get the flame moss this week. Does anybody know how to anchor it down to the rock?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom