72G FW Adventure - Want to come too...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what type of eggs those are! Hmmm....and the tank seems to be looking fine! Sorry about your filter issues, lol, I actually did the same thing the first time I tried to clean my first big canister filter, I forgot to lock the aqua stops from the filter, so when I unhooked the tubes, the filter shot out a ton of water and the tubes were draining water from the tank so I had a mini food lol

Oh, btw, the giant gob of plants in the center are there just waiting for the filter to be fixed so I can plant them.

The filter is a real blaster, so I don't know how that's going to affect them.

Anyone know how to slow it down? It already has a bit of net on the out flow.

Not sure what type of eggs those are! Hmmm....and the tank seems to be looking fine! Sorry about your filter issues, lol, I actually did the same thing the first time I tried to clean my first big canister filter, I forgot to lock the aqua stops from the filter, so when I unhooked the tubes, the filter shot out a ton of water and the tubes were draining water from the tank so I had a mini food lol

The universal pictures on the handles didn't make sense, two different times lol, one time was one handle was open and the pressure from the water in the top caused a water spout, like ole Glory, and more gallons lol. Saving grace was the quick snap connectors!!! But now I know.

What kills me is the on and off the drain at the bottom is the opposite of the orientation of the valves on top, :facepalm: :banghead: Don't they know this is HARD for me?!? I am capable but not mechanically inclined and reading pictures is very hard for me :bawl::mad: It made me very UPSET.

Oh and totally unrelated, I had to install a new toilet, all by myself.:rolleyes: Ok, now I am whining! I need a little cheese with my whine, :brows: hahaha

What kind of eggs are those?

The filter sounds really intimidating. :-/

I already had a thread of how I was scared of it!!! Apparently for good reason, haha.

The eggs are either Mystery snails or golden Apple/Inca. The golden were given to me as a trade bonus, so I am thinking it is those as before I never had any eggs for months of having the Mystery snails.

Today I found I was having a micro bubble problem. The FX5 filter stops and resets every 24 hours it helps purge the air, so I left it and at the end of the night I found the bubble problem was MUCH better, not perfect though. Still little bubbles hoping a couple more days of restarts and maybe they will be gone. If not I have a different problem :confused: . Water is very clear though!

The pond snails from the driftwood I had in my pond are getting big, I have a couple which are 1/3-1/2" also doubled in size and that giant mess of a driftwood is nearly clean! BUT now I have at least 6 pods of pond snail babies, those are just the ones i can see lol!

Should I scrape them out?

Those eggs look just like my golden apple snail eggs that I had a while back. Word of warning though...I was so excited about them and let them hatch and in the mean time the female layed about 6 more clutches of eggs everywhere and I finally had to start knocking all the eggs in the tank because I got overrun by apple snails SOO fast! lol I still have so many a half a year later even with my loaches eating tons of them lol so just be careful they dont go insane laying eggs :) I would also keep an eye on the pond snails they get out of hand super fast as well because you cant always see their eggs. But I love snails so I usually dont mind too much :)

The pond snails are good cleaners and pretty shells too. But they laid alot of eggs so I probably will remove the ones I can see, since there are probably enough of the ones I don't see!

Only about 9 days more to find out!!! about the Mystery Eggs! :lol:

Hoping to get my Red Tail Shark and Gourami and Von Rio Tetras over there into their new home.

Love the tank! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you get your fish in:)

Just dropped in the 7" Red Tail Shark , and 6-7" giant Gourami and the 3 Von Rio Tetras and an extra Golden Snail.

BTW - Will get more Von Rio Tetras soon, that was all the lfs I was at had, so I figured when I got the rest it would mix up the gene pool in case they wanted to breed.

Dumping all that water in bumped the big driftwood which has the snail eggs on the top branch so they got wet for a couple minutes but I adjusted the wood and they are a couple inches above the water now.

I also added the fake log tree on the right of the tank which was the RTS hideout. Now he has lots of real DW and plants to hide in so he isn't staying in there now, I think he has found a different hole in the bottom middle he seems to be trying out, but wow he is really swimming around the tank checking things out!

The Von Rio Tetras are super pale/stressed from the catching and the ride over, but hope to see them looking gorgeous again soon.

Can't get a good pic of the Shark she moves by the time I snap the pick lol.

Still having micro bubbles. Need to fix that too in a couple days, I have other stuff more pressing!

Overall :dance:

I added these to my 72G album in my profile if you want to see a couple more you can look there.

The shark is in the center bottom near it's new favorite hidey hole. Blue Gourami upper right side.
60074-albums11380-picture51102.jpg
[/IMG]

The next pic RTS was trying to hide, but also not al the little dots are the micro bubbles!!!
60074-albums11380-picture51093.jpg
[/IMG]

Plants are really growing! In fact, the whole tank looks wonderful! Can't wait to get my stuff! Said it would be about March 10! I want mine to look like yours! I am in for the adventure, when I can figure out to subscribe!!!!!!!!!

Thomasina by posting you did subscribe!!! Thanks for joining in!

I will be getting to the post office and picking up my Ferts today. Ferka Stemma and Rosetta from Thailand.

Learned about these from someone who I bought a plant from and she gave them to me as a bonus. They can be hard to get a hold of and I have been out for months. They are amazing and grow plants x 4 I would say, my 5-6 leaved swords, Tiger Lotus and Apongoton to 20+ leaves each.

Tank yesterday:

Micro bubble were there the last time I posted about them and then the night before they disappeared when it reset, last night 97% micro bubble free!!!

Was very busy yesterday, so didn't get any pics, try for some today.

One of the Von Rio Tetras seems to not follow the other two most of the time, and looks scared. Maybe that will change when there are more of them to follow around. Hope to pick those up after a week from Thursday when the new shipment arrives.

As well as another dozen Cardinals. These Cardinals are tank raised so I am hoping they still have those when I go, otherwise it will be wild caught I guess, or wait. I haven't moved the Cardinals to the 72G yet but they are going to be stunning against the black background.

My husband asked if they had a special light on them to shine like that, I told him no they are naturally stunning!!!

I think he's starting to like fish...He now wants my Edge tank for his (house) office! :ROFLMAO:

The little CPO is at the bottom. It is the blue shrimp tank but has RCS too it's hard to get them all netted out of there! It is a little overgrown jungle right now.

60074-albums9764-picture50416.jpg
[/IMG]

It's my favorite right now, although building this one (72G), I am sure it will be everyone's favorite when I get it filled and adjust all the details!!!

Love it! Cool shark. Wish I had a tank that size :)

I love the shark too, she is out and about now swimming all around and she is so pretty, I just hope she doesn't eat the tank buddies. She was free, given to me by a guy who was breaking down his tank (110G) to sell, it was planted Community FW tank and I think most of the people looking at were for Cichilds and the fish were a hindrance to the sale.

There were two 6" & 7" Siamese Algae Eaters, a 6" Blue Gourami, one cherry Barb, a Red spotted Swordtail, and couple of Black Skirts.

Oh and the most beautiful Clown Loach in the world, lol. Gave her a home with someone who has a gorgeous 110G tank and 13 other Clown Loaches to keep her company. The perfect place for her. Though I wanted to be selfish and just keep her for myself :whistle: :D she has a wonderful home now though!

Those fish were some of the biggest for their species that I have ever seen!
Red Tail Shark is 7" long!!!

As for the tank its super big after a 37G and 16G and 6G and being able to reach my arm in any time and move stuff around, now I can barely reach the bottom, lol. Just don't know! Its amazing how much room there is, AND how fast I will have it already filled up!!! :angel:

I love the shark too, she is out and about now swimming all around and she is so pretty, I just hope she doesn't eat the tank buddies. She was free, given to me by a guy who was breaking down his tank (110G) to sell, it was planted Community FW tank and I think most of the people looking at were for Cichilds and the fish were a hindrance to the sale.

There were two 6" & 7" Siamese Algae Eaters, a 6" Blue Gourami, one cherry Barb, a Red spotted Swordtail, and couple of Black Skirts.

Oh and the most beautiful Clown Loach in the world, lol. Gave her a home with someone who has a gorgeous 110G tank and 13 other Clown Loaches to keep her company. The perfect place for her. Though I wanted to be selfish and just keep her for myself :whistle: :D she has a wonderful home now though!

Those fish were some of the biggest for their species that I have ever seen!
Red Tail Shark is 7" long!!!

As for the tank its super big after a 37G and 16G and 6G and being able to reach my arm in any time and move stuff around, now I can barely reach the bottom, lol. Just don't know! Its amazing how much room there is, AND how fast I will have it already filled up!!! :angel:

She is very pretty, she, ll be loving the room lol it will look cool when you, ve got it all finished im jealous! What are you doing with your other tanks? You, ll have fun with them! I love adding new fish don't get that option with my elephant he doesn't play nice lol my tank looks empty during the day!

Was thinking of getting rid of them as the rooms they will be in don't have much extra space for so many fish tanks. (In the middle of moving homes)

BUT...

Its probably going to be musical fish tanks...

The fish in the 37G many will be moving to the 72G,

and the 32G Flat back hex has been my QT (and baby guppy storage), but it has to go so I am selling it asap.

here it is: Before it became a extra plant storage tank!!!

60074-albums10241-picture42555.jpg
[/IMG]

Then there is the 37G and that was the one I wanted to put in the office for my husband who now wants the Edge in his office.

Edge, overgrown jungle...

60074-albums9764-picture50416.jpg
[/IMG]

37G One of the first pics, it is a bit different a year later!
60074-albums9317-picture37582.jpg
[/IMG]

I could fill it with Cardinals for him and some other cool larger fish like a couple pair of Rams :brows:

That leaves the 16G Bowfront which I really like (but I have the 72G now). It has Red Cherry shrimp in it and since I have been selling a few I was wondering if I should keep it or just go back to the original plan for Orange Neocaridina and Orange Eye Blue Tigers (Caridina).

So a tank I would love is the 15G Column tank and for shrimp with an awesome piece of driftwood in the center and moss tied all over it, it is like a center piece I would look at from every angle. So I am considering that, lol Switch the 16G bowfront to the Column. ??? I am addicted to the shrimp I think!

Didn't see as full tank shot but here are a couple of the 16G

60074-albums9763-picture40462.jpg
[/IMG]

See the little blue cherry shrimp in the middle?
60074-albums9763-picture40417.jpg
[/IMG]

Bet you are sorry you asked!!! ;)

Last edited:
Was thinking of getting rid of them as the rooms they will be in don't have much extra space for so many fish tanks. (In the middle of moving homes)

BUT...

Its probably going to be musical fish tanks...

The fish in the 37G many will be moving to the 72G,

and the 32G Flat back hex has been my QT (and baby guppy storage), but it has to go so I am selling it asap.

here it is: Before it became a extra plant storage tank!!!

[/IMG]

Then there is the 37G and that was the one I wanted to put in the office for my husband who now wants the Edge in his office.

Edge, overgrown jungle...

[/IMG]

37G One of the first pics, it is a bit different a year later!
[/IMG]

I could fill it with Cardinals for him and some other cool larger fish like a couple pair of Rams :brows:

That leaves the 16G Bowfront which I really like (but I have the 72G now). It has Red Cherry shrimp in it and since I have been selling a few I was wondering if I should keep it or just go back to the original plan for Orange Neocaridina and Orange Eye Blue Tigers (Caridina).

So a tank I would love is the 15G Column tank and for shrimp with an awesome piece of driftwood in the center and moss tied all over it, it is like a center piece I would look at from every angle. So I am considering that, lol Switch the 16G bowfront to the Column. ??? I am addicted to the shrimp I think!

Didn't see as full tank shot but here are a couple of the 16G

[/IMG]

See the little blue cherry shrimp in the middle?
[/IMG]

Bet you are sorry you asked!!! ;)

Well your going to be busy! Nice tank:) i hardly see my blue shrimp, would really like a couple of bamboo Shrimp but my husband thinks they're horrible!

Back
Top Bottom