75 gallon paintball question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long would a 20 oz paintball co2 set up last on a 75 gallon aquarium. I know it's small for the tank same but I have no room in my cabinet and have small children. I'm using a Red Sea reactor 500 and plan to run 3 bps.

I just made the switch from PB to 5lb cylinder. I really liked how small the PB was but I couldn't ever get the stores to fill up the tank correctly. I think 20oz co2 tanks are able to hold 3000psi or 3500psi but the store I went to a couple times never filled it above 1000. The tank would last about 3 weeks at 3bps on my 75.

I just made the switch from PB to 5lb cylinder. I really liked how small the PB was but I couldn't ever get the stores to fill up the tank correctly. I think 20oz co2 tanks are able to hold 3000psi or 3500psi but the store I went to a couple times never filled it above 1000. The tank would last about 3 weeks at 3bps on my 75.

That's a week more then I thought so that works thanks

Yes, without some sort of timer or manually turning it off/on it would last maybe a week

That's three weeks with a solenoid, correct?

Just put it together and it was worth the extra money for the GLA regulator. It feels very sturdy and I've never used pressurized co2 and it took me less then 10 minutes from start to finish. The directions were very clear and to the point. I only set it to about 1.5 bps to start out with. The dang paintball bottle only read 825 psi though :-(.

You shouldn't get a pressure greater than about 900 psi or so. Beyond that co2 turns into a liquid and won't contribute to pressure.

You shouldn't get a pressure greater than about 900 psi or so. Beyond that co2 turns into a liquid and won't contribute to pressure.

Got it it has gone up to 875 psi since I installed it 6 hours ago

Back
Top Bottom