75g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got a 75g after years of wanting to upgrade from my 55. Got a great deal on a nice tank on Craigslist, picked it up this morning. Going to take a little while before I switch everything over as some of the stuff I need is still in storage at my parents' house but stay tuned - I'm excited!

Lighting will be 2 - 2x54 watt T5HO. Eco complete substrate. XP3 canister with a Hydor inline heater.
DSC02487.JPG

New 75g on the right, current 55g on the left - contents of the 55 are going into the 75, eventually the 55 will be a reef.
DSC02495.JPG

Right now in the 55 I have a bunch of rainbowfish, mostly turquoises and a couple boeseman's. Also a school of rummynose and pristella tetras, some cory cats, otos, a bristlenose pleco, and a few other things.

The rainbows don't school at all! They all hang out together, but not schooling in the true sense. The tetras do school, particularly the rummies. Where one goes, they all go.

Yes, they are model boats. I built the one on the left, a friend built the one on the right. They make cool decorations!

wow, I am jealous, and I love the canopy! I need to get canopies for my tanks, they really do a great job hiding the lighting fixtures. I really wish I could find a place to set up my 55 in my house...

Finally got the new tank set up today!! Canopy doesn't fit over the lights but that's a minor issue. Aquascaping is nonexistant - basically just tossed everything in pretty much the same place it was in the 55. I need to get my CO2 hooked up and then get some new plants!
Last pic of the 55:
DSC02542.JPG

The starting point:
DSC02543.JPG

DSC02556.JPG

DSC02557.JPG

DSC02559.JPG

DSC02564.JPG

About 2 hours after I finished, still a little cloudy and lots of bubbles, but looks good!
DSC02568.JPG

DSC02570.JPG

Back
Top Bottom