93ppm CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I tested my 20g with a DIY CO2 and the pH is 6.2 and KH is 5. Basing on the attached chart, my CO2 is 93ppm? I have the CO2 underneath the intake of the AC50. Most of the CO2 are getting sucked in. If you'll look at the 2nd pic you'll see the crypt producing bubbles(pearling) continuously from it's leaf to the top of the tank. Like a line. What can I do to lower the CO2 level? Move the CO2? Thanks

Attachments

• image-4072519692.jpg
    image-4072519692.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2901153205.jpg
    image-2901153205.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 60
My guess is, the pH is being effected by more than just the CO2. I doubt you have a DIY system that is that efficient (unless maybe you tested it right before the lights came on, and you aren't running an airstone at night, and even then that is really high).

What was the pH testing normally before you added the DIY system?

The KH pH extrapolation method works great... unless something else in the tank is effecting pH. The way around this would be to use a drop checker with 4dKH standard solution in it.

fort384 said:
My guess is, the pH is being effected by more than just the CO2. I doubt you have a DIY system that is that efficient (unless maybe you tested it right before the lights came on, and you aren't running an airstone at night, and even then that is really high).

What was the pH testing normally before you added the DIY system?

The KH pH extrapolation method works great... unless something else in the tank is effecting pH. The way around this would be to use a drop checker with 4dKH standard solution in it.

I just tested it right now. Lights are almost scheduled to turn off. I don't have an airstone. Is that bad? I'm cycling too. Is that bad for the BB?

The pH is usually around 6. I did a PWC yesterday night too. Do you think that the PFS or dirt might be affecting the pH? The plants are pearling like crazy. All leaves are covered in bubbles. Also some swords are like the 2nd pic.

My drop checker is on it's way. I might get it any time next week.

dirt for sure. drop checker is the only way to get a reading with the dirt because of the peat... at least, that's what I've been told

FWIW, I cut off the co2 to my 125 today to try it without... I'll let you know how it goes.

mfdrookie516 said:
dirt for sure. drop checker is the only way to get a reading with the dirt because of the peat... at least, that's what I've been told

FWIW, I cut off the co2 to my 125 today to try it without... I'll let you know how it goes.

Were you getting the same result just basing on the KH and pH?

Thanks.

Yeah, but my drop checker told me otherwise. I estimated it to be between 20-25ppm based on the blue/green color I was seeing, as compared to the dark green of 30ppm.

mfdrookie516 said:
Yeah, but my drop checker told me otherwise. I estimated it to be between 20-25ppm based on the blue/green color I was seeing, as compared to the dark green of 30ppm.

Ok. Are all your plants leaves covered in bubbles as well? I hope I get my drop checker delivered soon. So, I'll have at least an idea...

Back
Top Bottom