A couple of photos of the 29 gallon updated 11-24-06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rich311k

Aquarium Advice Addict
29 gallon tank, 130 watts, DIY CO2 supplemented with excel.

Attachments

• 29-1_171.jpg
    29-1_171.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 29-2_622.jpg
    29-2_622.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 67
The tank is looking really good Rich. Have you got the Scape the way you want it or are you still playing with it? Everything looks very healthy.

The foreground is wysteria. I going to leave it alone and let it grow in more before I do anything.

Lots of nice lush growth happening, looking really good. You might need some red in there :wink:

Looks good rich.......but I agree with glen and funk........little bit of red would help out alot.
Have you had to buy garden shears yet.........to keep up with the hygro? :roll:
That stuff IMO qualifies as weed. It's a good thing it's purrty.

Thank you for the kind words.

The wysteria is a nutrient hog, but it is also a good indicator plant.

The hygro does grow like crazy, but I like it and it is easy to trim since the bottoms stay good not like other stem plants.

There is lucens in there I just trimmed it way back, hopefully if will come back well and add some color.

What other red plant would you guys suggest?

Well, it's not really red, but more a copperish red. Could try Crypt Beckettii. It will add some interesting color.

I love it Rich. Fwiw, I think the greens look classy :) I think the height of the Wisteria carpet fits the tank really well. "Lush" is exactly how I'd describe it, too.

i think some l.repens rubin would be sweet in that tank. easy to grow and an amazing red colour. would really add a pop to that tank. but dont take that the wrong way the green look awesome aswell.

I second L repens rubin. Nice easy, really bright red plant. L palustris is nice too, though it is a bit more finicky in my tanks, can melt on you. Rotala Mac is probably my fav red plant of all time. I used to be able to grow it, for some mysterious reason it won't grow for me anymore. If you are feeling brave, maybe give it a shot. The green tank does look great, I was just being a smart@#$ cause I seem to have a bit of a "red" thumb :)

Glenc said:
The green tank does look great, I was just being a smart@#$ cause I seem to have a bit of a "red" thumb :)

I have noticed. I cry over your tank shots. I was thinking something more fine leafed. I may get some red foxtail I love the look of that stuff. If my sword would get some height that would help the leaves are a nice shade of red.

A few new photos I took today.

Attachments

• 11-24-06_007__large__588.jpg
    11-24-06_007__large__588.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 11-24-06_012__large__149.jpg
    11-24-06_012__large__149.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 11-24-06_014__large__627.jpg
    11-24-06_014__large__627.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 39
Back