A Few Moss Wall Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flame moss and marimo are both low light. In fact all mosses are low light. Main difference is flame moss grows more out then side to side. Marimo grows into more of a carpet. But marimo spreads extremely slowly.

I wasnt sure how it would work with the marimo. Thats just a moss ball like from petsmart right? How do you do that? I would hage thought it would be difficult since its round lol sorry if that sounds stupid I just got this image of a moss wall with a bunch of balls on it lol if I could figurr it out Im sure I could buy enough to just cover the whole thing instead of waiting for it to grow.

Peacock or Xmas moss would work great. There are some very useful DIY moss-wall vids on YouTube too.

Thanks! Somebody said the top of it will grow algae and the bottom will die. Is this true? If so I can do a partial moss wall woth some slate to fill the gaps. I have a standard t8 (stock lighting). I was thinking this would end up being a low light dirted tank with some crypts and moss (obviously)

Not sure how this compares to the single T-8 or dual T-5 NO (probably in the middle somewhere?) but an inexpensive alternative would be the 5.5" or 8.5" clamp on lamps paired with 13w or 26w 6500k CFLs. The pic below is 5.5" lamps with 13w bulbs from Lowes (Total cost $20-$25):
OFKlUZV.jpg

Not sure how this compares to the single T-8 or dual T-5 NO (probably in the middle somewhere?) but an inexpensive alternative would be the 5.5" or 8.5" clamp on lamps paired with 13w or 26w 6500k CFLs. The pic below is 5.5" lamps with 13w bulbs from Lowes (Total cost $20-$25):
OFKlUZV.jpg

Cool thanks!

Back
Top Bottom