A few questions about Fertilizer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been using Flourish Comp for a few months and seeing good growth with my Vals, average to not so good with Echinodorus. I added a bunch of new plants - swords, crypt florida sunsets, myriophyllum, red temple [FONT=&quot][/FONT] - and I wanted to get these off on the right foot.

I added about 9 root tabs under the swords & crypts to start off with, trying to re-jump-start the struggling plants.

Doing Flourish Comp 5oz/week. Considering going to 2x/week.

Bought Flourish Iron, just dosed that yesterday 5oz. No idea when to do again as it says 'enough to maintain 0.10 mg/L'

Bought Flourish Excel and did first dose of 25ml yesterday also. Label says 5ml every day to every other day. Going to start every other day.

Read up and learned that Excel is the worrisome factor for me. I read it can melt Vals and Crypts, but some have said and Vallisneria Nana (what I have) are really not affected. So I may be OK there. What about my Crypts? They are Cryptocoryne Wendtii Florida Sunsets. Any idea how these would react?

21227-albums414-picture4074.jpg

flourish excel melts vals crypts?
i do not have those but i also bought a bottle hoping to help out the growth
do you know how and why they melt those plants?
i have never heard of this

personally wouldnt use it with them. there is something in it that just kills off vals. i dont think it effects crypts but who knows. just remember flourish is just trace fert you still have to worry about micros. what kind of light and how much do you have over that tank?

I use excel on my nanos that have crypt in them and it doesn't bother them, the vals will melt.

Back
Top Bottom