A little Halloween Fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uh.oh...

Aquarium Advice Freak
here's a time-lapse video of my 55g planted tank redo. Its low tech with diy co2 and a 2 bulb compact florescent hood that has bulbs nearly 5 years old. Its running a sun-sun filter from China, rated at 100g/h, but actually runs around 50g/h (i think). I apologize for in advance for the excessiveness of my behind during the filming of this motion picture.

I agree... looks great. 2 things to watch. MGOC tens to leech ammonia, so be prepared to do water changes if it gets a little too high. Be prepared for 'stank tank syndrome' as jetajockey likes to call it. Putting it in like that will almost always result in some 'tank farting'. It's not harmful, just stinks. Have fun, I love dirt tanks.

mfdrookie516 said:
I agree... looks great. 2 things to watch. MGOC tens to leech ammonia, so be prepared to do water changes if it gets a little too high. Be prepared for 'stank tank syndrome' as jetajockey likes to call it. Putting it in like that will almost always result in some 'tank farting'. It's not harmful, just stinks. Have fun, I love dirt tanks.

What substrate did he add?

mgoc is miracle grow organic potting soil. The cap is a pea gravel, sand, flourite, black/blue gravel mixture that I just reuse again and again. I've noticed a lot of the "farting" over the past few months, I think its just the co2 thats leached off from the decomposing matter. Never smelled it though, good to know :p

uh.oh... said:
I'm really looking forward to when my plants fill back out, I took out enough to make another 30g. I just give them to my lfs

Oh thats what happened to all the plants!!

Back
Top Bottom