? about Walmart bought plant bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bassman,

sounds like you were the victim of Petco keeping lots of bulbs in a warehouse for months and months. I know the last 2 packs I bought had the correct address in Tea, SD.

malkore said:
This last bunch was primarily Aponogeton Undulatas (as near as I can tell), and the first batch I had contained 2 tiger lotus's. Generally the larger, walnut sized/shaped bulbs are tiger lotus, so if you find their blister packs, sort through them til you find with with fewer bulbs that are walnut shaped.

Would this bulb likely be a tiger lotus?

Attachments

• im000177.jpg
    im000177.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 67
Update on my bulb- One of them is growing. I kept all three of the ones I got several months ago (before I first started this post) and I threw one out cause it had fungus growing on it, another is still in there (floating, but no fungus), and then there's on that is growing. It started growing about 2 and a half months after the 20 day guarantee. It currently has 2 small leaves, 2 very slender/thin wierd looking leaves, and one new leave is starting to fold out now. Is this normal?

That sounds like how my lily's started. They took forever but did sprout, just like you are describing. The leaves will get large. I'm very happy with my lily's.

Ya the first couple of leaves were small and very thin, but now they are round and starting to get very large like a normal lily leaf. I'm also surprised its growing as well as it is with partly red in it's leaves since it only has around 2 wpg.

Back
Top Bottom