Adding dry ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhavik95

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi there I have a 100g of potassium dry fert and I just wanted to know how much water would I need to dissolve it in and how much would I need to dose daily or weekly for a 200 litre tank?

At the moment I am using api leaf zone and was wondering if I overdose compared to the normal dosage would that help the plants and would it affect my fishes?

Thanks

I can't help on the first part but I dry dose nightly with a teaspoon and dose very high at EI levels or above. Never noticed any issues from fish and as I understand it, potassium is one that fish don't have much trouble with.

Found a dosing calculator

http://rotalabutterfly.com

Last edited:
Thanks for that i am assuming you have a very high light setup in your tank and thats why your dosing a teaspoon a day?

but for me i think mine is a low light setup as i have 60w for 200l and not add co2 yet
so would i be better of adding a teaspoon 1-2 a week?

i had a look at the dosing calculator but just unsure which one would be best for me

thanks

Ok that's for that! How much in grams would 1ppm be?
And will it still work if I dose for the whole week together in one?

Ok that's for that! How much in grams would 1ppm be?
And will it still work if I dose for the whole week together in one?

Dosing all at once is not ideal although for potassium should be ok for fish. I dose dry ferts straight in tank - 1 teaspoon is about 5 grams. The calculators will tell you how much will be actual potassium. I'd say if you can dose 3 or 2 times a week that will spread it over the week a bit better and plants are getting a steady dose.

Back
Top Bottom