Adding led to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toaduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a satellite plus led on my 20 gallon long and wanted more light but want to keep the satellite on it. All I need is something that will boost my par in the front of my tank where I want to grow some high light carpet. What are my options being I don't want to replace my sat? I preferably want something inexpensive just to sit towards the front of my tank on the versa to right next to my sat.

The satellite plus produces about 36 par to bottom according to the manufacturer.

Anyone tried the beamswork led fixtures on eBay.

Why not another sat? A finnex planted plus would be high light..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why not another sat? A finnex planted plus would be high light..

Being that another sat plus would be equivalent par output, would 2 essentially double my par to the bottom or just illuminate the tank more side to side front to back? Not sure how lights work. If it would double or almost double output to bottom I will deff get another sat.

EBay has a sat+ refurb for 54 bucks. [emoji33] yea baby

If they're pushed together it will double the par in the concentrated area, i have dual Sats on a 16" tank. You have the short hieght playing to your favor. Keep in mind you'll need a good carbon source, co2 would be best.. ferts too.

If they're pushed together it will double the par in the concentrated area, i have dual Sats on a 16" tank. You have the short hieght playing to your favor. Keep in mind you'll need a good carbon source, co2 would be best.. ferts too.

I'm dosing diy co2 with pps pro ferts and root tabs. My co2 is rocking it. I never thought a java fern could pearl like it is. Lol. I just need more medium high light plants like some storogyne rapens for a carpet and other cool stuff.

My wife's gonna divorce me. Lolol

A DIY fixture (rapidled.com has solderless LEDs, very easy to use) with a dimmable driver, so you can have exactly what you want

My wife's gonna divorce me. Lolol

You're secret's safe with us :)
I had good luck with star repens using DIY CO2 and a single Finnex FugeRay in a 20g long. I think the PAR for that fixture is around 45 (at 12").

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hit send too soon...
The spread from the single fixture was a concern (dark at the front of the tank). I added a Finnex Planted+ to the back and the FugeRay is in the front. Planted+ PAR is I think 61 at 12". I run them on separate timers with a 3 hour overlap. Using pressurized CO2 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom