adding plants 10g aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks for the advice. I will try it when I get home from work. The light seems very bright to me... and its at a little more than 3wpg (not to mention 18watts are t5ho), but only time will tell if the blyxa and dhg will grow or not.
Btw, I really like your 20g tank stocking list, I always wanted to have a school of rummynose mixed with bloodfins. How do they interact? Do they ever school together or do they only stick with their own?

Thanks, its a very interesting tank!

Most of the bloodfins hang out near the mid-top area, but 1 or 2 go all around the tank, and sometimes swim with the rummynose. The rummys stay near the bottom and middle areas of the tank but sometimes swim up near the top. The don't really school together, but sometimes a few of the bloodfins (which are very loose schoolers/shoalers) swim with the rummys, or on their own. The otos just act crazy, like otos do, and the ram just cruises around the bottom and trys to look tough! :D :lol:

Eh idk, I imagined this all in my head and it looked much better :huh:. if anyone is following the tank, heres an update. I tried my best to trim out the dying leaves of the stargrass and I used a toothpick method of planting the HC. I really don't know if it will root, but ill try remove the toothpick in a week or 2. I fixed the DIY co2 tubing and this time I used aquarium silicone glue and silicone tubing and it works beautifully now.
But now im not really liking the dynamics of this scape... its "uneven"... Should I rescape? any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 55
Ok Ive got an idea that requires almost minimum rework. I just have to move some rocks around and the underwater bridge. In addition to adding more substrate to make an elevation. The red squares are the red slates I use in the tank. I figured that the rocks in the middle is really distracting and is out of place and is also blocking stuff. i also figured doing this will give a nice space for the foreground HC that is planted. I hope this will fix the horrible layout so far...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 58
I think how you have it looks really nice, the plants just need some time to grow in :)

i did it! and it looks so much better i think :cool:
i was worries my plants will be destroyed in the process, but i managed lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 69
UPDATE*
So it has been over a month since this tank was started (maybe closer to 2 months).
many drastic changes has happened. first off, I had to remove the bamboo sticks as i think it was a bad idea with them after all (started to rot away anyway). second, I had to battle green water algae, but a combination of some algea removers, purigen, phosguard, and some aquariumfloss made the water crystal clear within an hour!
There are new plants too. I moved the stargrass around (there alot more now since they propagated...) I need help identifying what plant is in the left side? its red, but the parts hitting the light directly is turning green. My dwarf baby tears are not doing so good (the stargrass isnt really doing well either since its turning black). HOWEVER, my anchormoss started doing REALLY well. bright green and getting thick!
I also got 2 otocinclus as there was plenty of brown algae at one point... and otos are pretty cool! now im feeding them zucchini and possibly cuccumber.
And last but not least, my female guppies had fry, but idk if they will survive or not lol (must of been preggy when i got them cuz I have no males in tank).

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg