Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-27-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Adding Substrate Questions...

I recently recieved my 50 Lbs of Turface MVP that I wish to add to my tank.. after housing my fish and plants elsewhere temporarily.

It is a 75 Gallon. The tank has been setup for about 2 months.
It currently holds 5 bags of flourite (90 lbs) giving me about 3" of bed.
I would like to know if adding the TurfaceMVP on TOP of the flourite would have any adverse effects. On fish, biofilter.. and especially plant growth !!
Its a rather flat groundscape, and I'd like to make a slight rolling look to it before adding more substrate.
For esthetics purposes, I would prefer the Turface to cover the tri-color flourite unless they need to be mixed.
If I can Cap the flourite with the Turface, should I do a gravel vac??

Thank you.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

You can cap the Flourite with the Turface, however in time they will end up mixing. How long this take will depend in large part on how often you move your plants around, plant new plants and remove old ones.
Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
substrate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com