Advice needed.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wobbles

Aquarium Advice Regular
Heres a pic of my latest setup. Its a 179 gallon tank that ive had going for about six months. I redid it three days ago. I was a bit bored with the old look. Plus I bought some new T5 dimable high lights....

Just wondering what you all think of the aquasaping? Any advice?

Attachments

• newscape_754.jpg
    newscape_754.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 123
Looks really good. I would say you should be able to put in some plants that have some red, since your wpg is that high. Ludwigia, telanthera, or something like that. Looks really good as is though.

Yeah I agree. Ive put in a red lotus lilly and some rotala. My ludwigia is kind of green at the moment, but it hasnt been in there long. Hopefully it will colour up soon. I also have a queen of the nile in there, but its not doing so well.

Whats telanthera? Never heard of that before.

I llike it a lot. I would sugest a little more hardscape to seperate the front section from the back section, maybe intermingled with some medium sized plants.

Thats an awesome looking tank...like rick311k says...maybe a little more hardscape, if anything. But I really like it the way it is.

Hardscape would be objects that aren't living and give definition to a tank's aquascape. Most often rocks or driftwood are used as the hardscape.

Tank looks great as is, but as already mentioned, a couple of strategically placed rocks and or red plants would make it even better. Give it a shot, if you don't like the result, just take it out. Thats the beauty of this hobby, you can change it up as much as you have time and energy. If you keep at it, you'll get it just how you want it. Have fun!

Heres an update.........

I tried lots of hardscape combinations, but ended up going with a few red plants.

The left side looks a tad empty, but im attempting to grow a batch of scarlet ludwigia. I moved the ambulia to center back. Its a nice background plant.

Attachments

• updated-pic_213.jpg
    updated-pic_213.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for all the compliments. I had a disaster the other day. I was away for 2 days, and my co2 bottle ran out. I suspect it ran out as I left my house. When I got home my plants were looking poorly. Holes in leaves everywhere! Heartbreaking..... Also slowed up the scarlet ludwigia considerably.

I recently added 6 discus and took out my angels. 2 red turquoise, 2 red dragons, 1 blue diamond and 1 blood pigeon. Also 8 congo tetras. The congos are awesome!

In the below pics, you can see the holes in my scarlet ludwigia

Attachments

• blue-diamond_154.jpg
    blue-diamond_154.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 19
  • discus_479.jpg
    discus_479.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 24
  • pigeon_167.jpg
    pigeon_167.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,148
I'm not sure that no CO2 for two days would do that sort of damage to your plants. I'd be looking for another culprit. I could be wrong though.
Tank is looking great btw :)

Back
Top Bottom