Advice on best type of plant for low light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

I have a Fluval Edge 6 gallons tank that comes with LEDs with a 7600k spectrum. From what I have read, this is not a great light for some plants?

Can you please recommend what type of plants is suitable for this type of light and for a small tank?

My tanks substrate is gravel, at my LFS they recommended Fertz root tabs for my tank, but I'm wondering if the liquid fertilizer is better that the root tabs, because when I vacuum the gravel, I would be sucking up the root tabs as well.

Any suggestion will be more than welcome.

Happy fishkeepping to you all.

Cheers,
Bayo.

Hello! I've had success growing java fern, anubias and amazon swords in my edge.... I had the old one with the crappy halogen lighting. BUT, the root tabs and liquid ferts are not a bad idea as well. I recently moved everything over to my spare 10 gallon (which I dose flourish and excel) and the growth has been amazing so far! Root tabs go a long way! Trust me, they're really helpful especially in low light setups. I've had success with the Seachem brand. Hope this helps!

You don't vacuum planted tanks btw.
Root tabs are good unless you are only using Anubias or Java Ferns or Mosses.

Some smaller fav plants
Anubias Nana Petite
Crypt Lucens
Lindernia rotundifolia
Fissidens

Back
Top Bottom