Advice on Dry Ferts, maybe LED Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also have a glass top on my tank. I use two old speakers and sit the ray II on those so it's a few inches above the lid. It's just easier for me.

I have the same marineland 24" programmable plant friendly LED light that Cichlidkid has. It IS overpriced. I was not aware of the Fugeray 2 at the time or I probably would have got it. Not sure how they would compare. I know that the marineland single and double bright regular LED fixtures are about useless for all but the lowest light plants. I have my LED on a 16g bowfront that is 19" tall. The plants in it do great, even the Ludwigia Glandulosa which is a pretty high light. I've read that there ARE some great things coming in aquarium LEDs. We'll see. Life & Luck, OS.

I have the same marineland 24" programmable plant friendly LED light that Cichlidkid has. It IS overpriced. I was not aware of the Fugeray 2 at the time or I probably would have got it. Not sure how they would compare. I know that the marineland single and double bright regular LED fixtures are about useless for all but the lowest light plants. I have my LED on a 16g bowfront that is 19" tall. The plants in it do great, even the Ludwigia Glandulosa which is a pretty high light. I've read that there ARE some great things coming in aquarium LEDs. We'll see. Life & Luck, OS.

I agree with using a Ray2 on a 29. I have a Fugeray on a 20 long. I believe it is decent for low or low/medium plants (dwarf sag responding well to it). Considering the Ray2 vs Fugeray...you can always reduce the light (via shading screens and plants, fixture height) but not increase it.

I placed the fixture directly on the glass lid. Two things I did not like about this:
1. Light would reflect off the glass and project outward/sideways (annoying glare)
2. Since the fixture is relatively lightweight, flipping the glass lid back caused light to slide backwards and the glass lid would creep forward.
I built some rails for the lid and the legs mount securely to it. I can still use the glass lid but hinge casts a shadow in the tank and the glass reflects the light. Increase in evaporation without it.
image-353137537.jpg

Back
Top Bottom