advice on what to fill hole with.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joejeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have a 29 gallon. Planted. Using flowmax fluorescent plant bulb. Not sire if that's high light. I think its mid at best. Have a home made co2 setup. Once a wk chem ferts. Question is. What plant would look good in back between Charlie mint and sword behind that drift wood on left...

ForumRunner_20111122_183723.jpg

joejeff said:
Have a 29 gallon. Planted. Using flowmax fluorescent plant bulb. Not sire if that's high light. I think its mid at best. Have a home made co2 setup. Once a wk chem ferts. Question is. What plant would look good in back between Charlie mint and sword behind that drift wood on left...

On the light question it depends what size bulb your using and for the other you could try a load of ludwiga I love the plant

richpowell1989 said:
On the light question it depends what size bulb your using and for the other you could try a load of ludwiga I love the plant

It is a 24" 17 watt t8 one inch bulb

epiphysis said:
I found my Vallisneria is a nice space-filler. Once they settle in they will start to grow runners and you will have a whole bush of it.

Looks awesome but I am not wrkn w the best lighting....

I also have a 29g tank with 25watt T8 bulb. I had the Vals when I still had a 15watt tube in. All they need is some ferts and that you got already.

epiphysis said:
I also have a 29g tank with 25watt T8 bulb. I had the Vals when I still had a 15watt tube in. All they need is some ferts and that you got already.

Now to find them... I don't think petsmart or supermarket carry those. I will be watching the ads on here I guess.

joejeff said:
Now to find them... I don't think petsmart or supermarket carry those. I will be watching the ads on here I guess.

I agree vals are good plant and easy to look after plus they grow like crazy, they sell them on ebay very cheaply aswell

richpowell1989 said:
I agree vals are good plant and easy to look after plus they grow like crazy, they sell them on ebay very cheaply aswell

Will check it out. Trying to figure the cheapest way to add more light to tank.

joejeff said:
Will check it out. Trying to figure the cheapest way to add more light to tank.

Were do you live ? And I just added some t5s its done my tank wonders

richpowell1989 said:
Were do you live ? And I just added some t5s its done my tank wonders

Panama city Florida. United states. I was looking at some t5s. Seems way to go. Saw some on eBay. I am using a single t8 plant bulb... Would love to double my bulb and watt count.

joejeff said:
Panama city Florida. United states. I was looking at some t5s. Seems way to go. Saw some on eBay. I am using a single t8 plant bulb... Would love to double my bulb and watt count.

They make a lot of difference my plants took off when I changed to t5 it was amazing I couldn't believe it but I have seen some amazing tanks with t8 lighting so it is possible you could just up the amount if bulbs you use

richpowell1989 said:
They make a lot of difference my plants took off when I changed to t5 it was amazing I couldn't believe it but I have seen some amazing tanks with t8 lighting so it is possible you could just up the amount if bulbs you use

Ya but space is the issue Amd the 5's take up less

richpowell1989 said:
Yes very true mate but you would have to buy a new unit or a new ballast its up to you

Ya but to add another bulb I would have to buy something anyway... Idk.

I have 2 spiral CFL bulbs over a 29 and it does fairly well. It's probably in the low-low medium range. Not much growth, but it keeps the plants alive with no problem.

If i were to upgrade it'd probably be a single t5ho bulb fixture or dual t5no bulb fixture.

So it's really up to you and what you plan for the tank, if you want to keep it simple you can just do CFLs but if you want to upgrade into higher lighting then look at t5/t5ho.

joejeff said:
Ya but to add another bulb I would have to buy something anyway... Idk.

It also depends on what plants your trying to grow there is such a thing ad to much light

Back
Top Bottom