Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaz77

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have just started keeping fish and have now got my water level right and just had my first bout of ich,or white spot see catching on with the fish chat! Lol but now my plants are stating to go brown on the edges is that normal ,they are getting bigger so do I chop them back ?i have no idea what plants I have here is a pic maybe you can tell me .any help would be appreciated .

image-3173452800.jpg

How long has the tank been set up? What lighting and bulbs do you use? How long do you run lights daily? What are your nitrate levels.

How long has the tank been set up? What lighting and bulbs do you use? How long do you run lights daily? What are your nitrate levels.
hi I have a jewel 700 tank it came with a tub in it ,the tank as been going for about 8/9 weeks and for the last two weeks my water levels have been correct with the API test . ph level is 7,8.

You can cut wisteria back and replant the top cutting if you want. Also with you tank being new if the brown edges on the plant rub off your going through your diatom phase. Diatoms are self limiting and once they use all the excess silicates in the water they will die out. Keeping lighting on 6 hours daily will help keep them from growing as much. Also nerite snails, which don't reproduce in freshwater, love diatoms and will keep a tank cleaned up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom