Advise Please 100gal planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daxhua

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hola everyone,

I'm setting up a 100gal with a 3d background, two 30" Coral Life HO fixtures each with a 31watt 10K and 6,700K bulb, and I want to use Flourite Black sand for my plants. (No CO2) I've seen some tanks with white/tan fine gravel/sand substrate and would really like to do that with my tank.
My question is can i use the flourite black sand as the bottom substrate 1" layer and use the white/tan fine gravel/sand as my top substrate 2" layer? Please advise if this is a good or bad idea. My two main reason for wanting a white/tan sand substrate is b/c I want some corys in my tank and I just like the way it looks.

I JUST did that today lol. I used Floramax though. It looks great to me and I did it for similar reasons. I may need to make it thicker on mine though.

Initially I was going to use the less messy EcoComplete but I was told that over time the sand would probably start to sink to the bottom between the ecocomplete and push the eco to the top. I'm not looking foward to rinsing the 50+ pounds of the nortoriously messy Flourite Sand.
Keep me posted on your tank

Back
Top Bottom