Alex's 20 Gallon Planted Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to hijack, just want to give you an idea of what looks like what and what can grow like a weed, forgive the appearance of the rotala, it was literally choked out by a massive java moss tree, everything on the left side was. Your rotala will be coming from a different tank..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd do the bacopa c. In the 10 spot, I'd do the downoi in the 2 spot, the narrow leaf chain sword gets about 5-6" and carpets like crazy, it might be a little to much for that layout..

No I already have water wisteria there. I might put it at 9 behind the rotala instead of diplis diandria.

Forgot pic,

Attachments

• 1405169539804.jpg
    1405169539804.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 1405169555025.jpg
    1405169555025.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 100
Forgot pic,

Wow that java moss is huge!!! I don't mind cutting it (I say that now) but I might get something else later on. Ok downoi it is for the #2 spot. And bacopa for 9. How much for 4 stems each of bacopa, rotala, and 4 downoi plants? And do you have any AR clippings?

Yah the problem with trimming it.. even a 1" piece can drift away and pop up somewhere else.. I'm still trying to rid the tank of it.. i can probably snip a few sections of ar.. just the shipping..

Clear your inbox

So Brookster shipped me a great plant package. Will have AR, AR mini, rotala, bacopa, downoi, and baby Vesuvius plants. Can't wait!

This is the new plan. I have made some edits.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405696145.589270.jpg

1. Staurogyne Repens.
2. Downoi.
3. Crypt undulata
4. Ludwigia repens.
5. Bacopa monnieri.
6. Pogo erectus
7. AR
8. AR mini
9. Rotala rotundifolia
10. Echinodorus Vesuvius

I wont have both the ludwigia and the bacopa, I'll try both and see which grows best, then choose that one and trash/ ship the other.

That's some nice looking rotala;) still pink after the blackout huh?! I like the scape so far.

Haha yep. The AR looks great too. Just went in. How would I go about planting the Vesuvius? Just bury the whole chain of it?

Haha yep. The AR looks great too. Just went in. How would I go about planting the Vesuvius? Just bury the whole chain of it?

You could, you could probably snip them off as well.. I'd personally bury the whole chain in an S pattern

This is the PPS Pro dosage I'm going with. I tweaked it a bit:

Original:
59 grams of K2SO4
65 grams of KNO3
6 grams of KH2PO4
41 grams of MgSO4

80 grams of CSM+B

Tweaked:
59 grams of K2SO4
40 grams of KNO3
6 grams of KH2PO4
35 grams of MgSO4

85 grams of CSM+B

I added more of the micro because I thought my red plants would benefit from it. I did less nitrate because my fish can provide most of that. And I did less MGSO4 because supposedly that is only for people with softer water. Mine is not too soft, around average maybe slightly soft though.

Does this sound good. I will mix it up soon!

Maybe whip up a smaller batch to see how it's working, then make tweaks as results manifest itself. Mixing large batches as an experiment can't really be reversed. I'd exercise caution before I potentially waste it.

Back
Top Bottom