Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm having trouble with algae in my 90 gallon fresh water plant tank. I asked they guy at my local pet store what he thinks I should do. He said put a little hydrogen peroxide in my tank. Has any body ever tried this. Does it work?

I'm having trouble with algae in my 90 gallon fresh water plant tank. I asked they guy at my local pet store what he thinks I should do. He said put a little hydrogen peroxide in my tank. Has any body ever tried this. Does it work?

Ive never tried it myself directly in the tank but I have done peroxide soaks. It does seem to work.

Rather than dosing it to your whole tank instead use a syringe to squirt it directly at the problem areas. Before you use it turn off your filters and wait a few minutes for the water to completely stop circulating. Then use 1-3 ml / g spraying it gently where the algae is growing and then let it sit for 10 minutes. After that turn your filters back on.

What type of algae are you having problems with?
Also, how long are you running your lights?
What lights do you have?
What ferts are you using?
What is your carbon source?

90 gallon plant tank,20 pound pressured C02 bottle using GLA atomic reactor and defuser, fluval LED's 2 of them. I run my light for 6 hours. I'm also using the PPS pro system of fertilization. Fertilizing 3 days a week. Dosing Iron and trace elements.

Are you adding any potassium, nitrate, or phosphate to the tank as well? Or is it just the iron and trace?

Yes I just started adding nitrate the other day. I only used it one though

Back
Top Bottom